• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Parrots at the zoo!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had the most amazing time at the Zoo yesterday and got some absolutely beautiful pictures and I wanted to share them with yall :)
Murphy and Topper are both in their 20s and were surrender to the Zoo by seperate owners years ago. I've seen them both several times over the years and its always a delight to see them.
@Peachfaced @Mizzely
Murphy the gray Dallas zoo 1.jpg Murphy the gray Dallas zoo 2.jpg Murphy the gray Dallas zoo 3.jpg Murphy the gray Dallas zoo 4 close up.jpg Topper the Too Dallas Zoo 1.jpg Topper the Too Dallas Zoo 2.jpg Topper the Too Dallas Zoo 3 wings out.jpg Topper the Too Dallas Zoo 4 crest erect wings slighly open.jpg Topper the Too Dallas Zoo 5 Close up preening.jpg Grey tiel at Dallas Zoo.jpg Tiels x 2 Dallas Zoo.jpg Cinnamon Tiel Dallas Zoo.jpg

A.K

Sprinting down the street
Lovely photos!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Nice pictures, April!! :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Lucky parrots to have such a nice environment. Pictures are such good quality.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lucky parrots to have such a nice environment. Pictures are such good quality.
It really is a fabulous free flight aviary! The big guys primarily stay on their playstands all day the keeper said but thats by choice they prefer to be admired and talked to by the vistors vs fly around but they are fully flighted if they wanted to they could.
Thank you so much! I'm working so hard with my hobby of photography and every day I learn a little more about my camera and hone my skills more(I hope)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You really do take good photos. I used to go to garden centers and take photos of flowers and unusual plants for sale. Also, a grocery store that sells beautiful plants. Walk around the neighborhood. Here is the one that is my favorite.

butterfly.png

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You really do take good photos. I used to go to garden centers and take photos of flowers and unusual plants for sale. Also, a grocery store that sells beautiful plants. Walk around the neighborhood. Here is the one that is my favorite.

View attachment 404809
That is so sweet of you to say,thank you truly :heart: . Oh wow! That's such a gorgeous picture! I have yet to be able to photograph any butterflies but I hope to be able to at some point.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pictures are really good

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Love seeing these beauties basking in the sunshine!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love seeing these beauties basking in the sunshine!
It was such a perfect day for these pics. All the birds in the aviary were out and about..except the Green Cheek! I haven't seen her in years her name is Greenie she was there the first time I went many years ago but the last several times hasn't been out. The keeper said she had been out about 20 mins before I got there but then bit the keeper on the neck(since she prefers the male keeper she said) then flew back inside to her apartment. The keeper pointed it out to me and said I could peek inside to try to see her but alas nothing.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
It was such a perfect day for these pics. All the birds in the aviary were out and about..except the Green Cheek! I haven't seen her in years her name is Greenie she was there the first time I went many years ago but the last several times hasn't been out. The keeper said she had been out about 20 mins before I got there but then bit the keeper on the neck(since she prefers the male keeper she said) then flew back inside to her apartment. The keeper pointed it out to me and said I could peek inside to try to see her but alas nothing.
:rofl: Staying true to their cheeky ways! How dare that keeper not be her boyfriend!

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
Where is the enrichment?! were they clipped? I wonder if they had a free flight cage, why they stay on one perch...

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
T
Where is the enrichment?! were they clipped? I wonder if they had a free flight cage, why they stay on one perch...
They weren't clipped the Tiels and budgies were flying all over the aviary. The Grey and Too prefer to stay on their perches and people watch the keeper told me. They had flights inside the building that I was able to get small peeks of when I was looking for the Green Cheek and I did spot some toys.
Plenty of folks have parrots that just prefer to stay in one area. The Too was dancing and hamming it up for the crowd and the Grey would interact with me when I spoke to him and plenty of other folks were interacting with them as well. They certainly weren't lacking in entertainment :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen