• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet question

Frillbird

Meeting neighbors
Hello. I’m liking Parrotlets. Is there anyone you’d suggest who has them for sale?

I’ve got my sights set on this one

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Where are you located? I would look at places near you if possible where you can go and meet the birds, see their living conditions, etc.

Nhan_Dxo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nhan
So I got my last couple birds over the years from birdsnow. I try to avoid getting animals shipped to me- especially young ones- because sometimes they can revert on weaning. If you have no experience with hand feeding then you can always learn but parrotlets cost more than a pretty penny and it can be a daunting task.

I'd try to use birdsnow, craigslist, or any marketing forum to see if anyone close by is selling parrotlets that are either A)young or B)interacted with a lot.
It's cool and all when birds are handfed but being only held when getting fed doesn't really do much in building a bird's trust with humans (ie our hands). Get young birds from breeders that actually hang out with them.

Parrotlets aren't necessarily as aggressive as people like to label them but they do get nippy if unproperly socialized.

GL on getting a small birb!