• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Papaya is coming home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Papaya, my foster Regent Parrot (Rock Pebbler) who I finally placed after 2+ years on Wednesday, is coming home. I was so excited to have found a home with someone who really knows this species and wanted to build him a huge aviary and find a Pebbler friend for him and turned out to be a dog trainer who I know through some of my nose work training. Anyway, she said he barks, like a dog, constantly. She keeps telling her dogs to be quiet but it is him. It is stressing her out and she can't cope with it. I am amazed because he was pretty quiet here. I mean, he made little noises but he didn't bark and he definitely didn't make noises that were loud or annoying. I am feeling pretty sad, but am so grateful that she called me immediately, was honest with me and is bringing him home. I am feeling a little bit like he is just happy here. I don't think I will be able to let him go again once he is back here with me. Too stressful for both of us. He may just want to live with lots of other birds.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry. I know how much you liked this home for him.

Matt

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm guessing that that was his way of calling to his "flock". I'm sure as an untame bird he will be much happier in a home with other birds. :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I think so too. Once she said it, I felt like I suddenly remembered the person who brought him to me, for her boss who was the one placing him, may have said he barked. I looked through all the emails from her though and can't find it, but when this woman said it, I remember it being said about him. He may have started doing it when his bird buddy, an amazon died and he was the only bird. And then, when at this new home, kind of by himself, he did it again. I think he just wants to come home.

I'm guessing that that was his way of calling to his "flock". I'm sure as an untame bird he will be much happier in a home with other birds. :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
At least your getting him back and not someone who wouldnt understand him, :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
at least he is coming back to you...and do keep him this time....sounds like he just wanted to have his familiars around again...:hug8:

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I am sorry it didn't work out, but I am happy that he has such a good place to come home to. :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so happy Papaya will be rejoining your flock. I know he will be so happy to come home again...

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thanks guys. Yes, I am really lucky that he went to someone honest and upfront who did the right thing and called to tell me it isn't working out. Of course she signed an adoption contract, but still people can just flake out and she didn't. He is coming home tomorrow at 1:30 and I am sure he will just stay here with me.

AshleyFamily

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laurie & Mark Ashley
so sorry to hear that it didn't work out, I know how excited you were to find someone who knew about Regents :( But I am glad he is coming back to you, as it seems it is where he is meant to be :) Welcome back home Papaya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.