• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pak-O-Bird in Australia?

a_conure

Meeting neighbors
Hello,
I am looking into buying a Pak-O-Bird for my BCC this Christmas
It is the only one that seems to have suitable ventilation for a hot tropical climate
At first I thought I would get it straight from Celltei but the shipping seems to be incredibly expensive
I know there are a few small businesses around Australia which sell them but I was wondering which would be the best?
Even if I bought it from the UK it would still be better than purchasing from America
After looking at the sizing/colour I think I'll purchase for him a small green one
Hopefully I can get it shipped before Christmas but I do not mind very much
Thankyou1

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You will want to get it through a seller here so if there is any issues you are not stuck paying international shipping fees to send it back.

I got mine from pet shop direct I believe it was, there were no other stores offering it when I got mine.

You will also find the much cheaper cat and dog transport crates are not only perfectly suitable but have wonderful ventilation too.

You may also find not all colours are available in stock here in Aus in the size you want- you may have to compromise somewhat.

a_conure

Meeting neighbors
You will want to get it through a seller here so if there is any issues you are not stuck paying international shipping fees to send it back.

I got mine from pet shop direct I believe it was, there were no other stores offering it when I got mine.

You will also find the much cheaper cat and dog transport crates are not only perfectly suitable but have wonderful ventilation too.

You may also find not all colours are available in stock here in Aus in the size you want- you may have to compromise somewhat.
Pet shop direct definitely has the best price and free shipping, and I'm not really too fussed about the colour. I have previously looked at some of the cheaper cat/dog crates which would be good for vet trips but not hikes/walks. There's also the option of those plastic cat backpacks outfitted for birds but I would be very worried about my bird overheating or chewing through the material.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yes if you are hiking then most certainly the pak o bird will be your best choice of carrier. I stopped checking out the imitation pak o bird carriers as they all either had no where near enough ventilation or they used plastic mesh to allow air flow- I am not keen on either lack of air flow or a lesser than SS mesh.