• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Painting house

Shut my cockatiel in a room or in the bathroom? (read post)

• Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bathroom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lunar_Eclipse

Checking out the neighborhood
We are currently in the process of moving out of our house, and some of the walls need to be repainted. All 3 levels are getting painted. Would it be safe to keep my 4 year old cockatiel in a room with the door closed right off a hallway that's being painted? My only other option would to shut him in a completley different part of the house in a dusty bathroom for a few days. I'm worried sick and I don't know what to do.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Can you not leave him at a friend or family members house? Or move him to the new house before starting painting?
Painting in the same house as a bird - NOT good.
I hope you can figure something out.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
If you use a good brand and grade of paint that specifies it is "zero VOC" paint (Volatile Organic Carbons) the risk is much less.
This paint has almost no smell and he'd be OK to stay in his room with the door closed until all painting is done and dry and aired out.
You can stuff a towel under the bottom of the door, crack open some windows, or set up a fan in the hall if you want to take extra measures.