• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Owl Finch

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Heheh..you guys are killin' me. I just want one..just one little owl. Not a big aviary full. This bird has to blend in with the woodwork..remember that voice, that is DH's voice. It has to sound like it's no big deal, just one tiny little finch dear, please?:lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
You are contradicting yourself, just like the articles!:huh::lol: What if I get a female owl?

What I mean was they arent too terribly aggressive. Zebra finches are known to be "compatible" with other species, but yet they are aggressive birds, but many would say they are very socialable with other species. I think so too, if you had a large enough flight cage, etc. They aer VERY friendly when they dont have anything/anywhere they assume is their territory or nest. Put a nest in their,etc, and they will defend it very well.

That is what I mean.

I think if you wanted to get an OWL finch, I'd get two, and make it a male/female pair. They'd do very well with your canary. However, I do not know how HE'D get along with them Canaries all have their own personality, and he will be the bigger of the finches(if a canary is considered a finch... lol).

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I'm working on it...:p We'll see. Honestly my first thought was a cool friend for Kismet to snuggle up next to, but not want to make babies with. It seems everyone has somebody in a way, except him. The big guys have me to stroke and play with them, and the creepers have each other, then there is Kismet out in left field..:( But...I don't want to get an owl single, if she would be unhappy, that wouldn't be fair. Thanks for your input & help Mercedez.:hug8:

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I sure think they are cute and would love to have a pair one day... as well as a pair of Cordon Bleus and a pair of Gouldians! They just aren't readily available where I live and would have to ship some in from out west...

ForTheBirds

Walking the driveway
Male canaries don't prefer company in their cages, I've read. (Other than their ladies,& even then only at breeding time.) I have my 2 Gouldians in the same room so Ami (my canary) has someone to chat with across the room. However, male canaries don't need the companionship like finches do.

I've got Owls next on my list too! They've been faves of mine since before I had any birds! They are pricey little buggers! I know it's another cage to clean, but I prefer my canary to be singly housed. He doesn't seem to mind it.

:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I know it's another cage to clean, but I prefer my canary to be singly housed. He doesn't seem to mind it.

:hug8:
Thanks for your reply. I have been thinking the same. I wouldn't want to put a bird in with him and have him not like it, and stop singing!

Status
Not open for further replies.