• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Overactive regurgitation?

chainsawbuddy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lin
My GCC Ash seems to have started the joyful roadtrip through puberty, and while I considered myself prepared for most of it I am a little concerned with his regurgitation. It's quite frequent, usually in the presence of my father or myself, and almost immediately reconsumed.

In regards to frequency, I can catch him at it 3-4 times a day, and I've noticed signs of it in his cage and play areas. I'm hesitant to call it outright vomit since it hasn't yet been digested. To make it easier to monitor his diet is streamlined down to his pellets with the occasional treat for now, and I haven't seen any sign of anything besides the usual Harrisons paste coming up.

Everything else about him is business as usual, but the sheer frequency with how often he's at this is bothering me.

Is this sort of thing usual, or should I be subjecting him to a car ride to the friendly neighborhood bird vet?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is he vomiting or regurgitating? Regurgitating looks more controlled- like he's forcing something up his throat. Vomiting is usually accompanied by head shaking and food kind of flying everywhere. Vomiting is definitely a need to go to a vet asap. As for frequent regurgitating? I'll let the conure owners comment. I hope all is well.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If you are not sure which one it is he is doing I would take him to a vet. Vomiting can be a symptom of many other issues.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My IRN does that to me in the spring time, it seems excessive, I have regurge on EVERY THING that is mine...he drives me crazy, but its his normal thing. Like another said regurge is forced, vomit accompanying head shaking is a whole nuther ball game.