• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Outdoor Glamour Shots of Baby BFAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
The babies are now nearly 3 months old and today they spent the afternoon in an outdoor flight that is attached to the house and opens into our enclosed front porch (for easy and safe access). I was worried they may be frightened by a new environment and kept checking on them. I did not need to worry. These 3 babies are very confident and not scaredy-cats. Talk about an enriching experience for them. Lots of new scenery and sights to occupy them, foot toys galore to play with, palm nuts to chew on, platter of fresh veggies and fruits to nibble on as they like and a big ol' water bowl for them to bathe in if they like. As it turned out, only the oldest baby got in the water bowl, and the wet feathers low on her chest are a tell-tale sign she spent some time in the bowl. :)

I love how birds look in natural light. I feel they look their best in it. I have many great indoor shots of the babies but I think nothing shows off their colors and beauty as natural sunshine. Okay, well here they are.....

I'll start with the ONLY girl....she will soon to be going to live in her new home. She holds her own up against her 2 rowdy brothers and is a very independent little gal. She is all G-I-R-L!!

The girl has a dash of yellow beneath each of her eyes. This is very unique and not something I've seen on any of the babies that we've raised here. I have a hunch that like a baby from last year's clutch from this same pair, she is going to molt in more yellow as she ages. It will be interesting to follow her coloring as she matures.

Of the 3, the girl was the only one to saunter into the water bowl for a bit of a bath. I had purposely placed a large water bowl in the flight with the hopes that they would be enticed to bathe. Having raised these 3 and observing their developing personalities first hand, I am not the least bit surprised that the girl was the first (and today, the only) one to try it. She is very confident and adventurous. In this shot, you can clearly see the wet feathers on her lower chest area.

I was trying to catch the girl as she fluffed her feathers but she was too quick for me. Just a little fluff left as the shutter closed....

Her youngest brother was nearby fooling around with some red twine. She never tried to take it away from him, but she was curious.

He dropped the twine and I thought for a second she might run over and grab it. She was considering it, but never did! Look at all that blue on top of her head.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Okay, now on to the boys! The following series of shots are of the middle baby. Unlike the other two, he has more yellow than blue.

He was Mr. Floofyhead today:

Different angle this time and feathers nearly all the way down. :)

Was he bored with all my camera angling? I guess this photo says it all......mid-yawn shot. This one makes me giggle.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Kelly, you are killing me here...... Gosh, they are all gorgeous. I want one of those boys.:o:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: They are all so gorgeous. I like the way you have the perches placed on the floor of the cage. Good thing I'm not a US resident.. so much temptation..:)

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Well, now we're down to the baby! A darling boy who loves to wrestle and competes with the middle baby for nearly every thing. Brothers. It must be a boy thing. LOL

I really love this shot as it shows off all his colors.

Even as babies, they are so aware of anything passing overhead.....

Baby with his red rope.

I love this shot of him. His sweet personality shines through I think.

Tada! That's all folks!! :):):)

southernbirds

I love blue fronts. Yours are so beautiful. Did not realize you bred baby birds. They are great!

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Thank you Marlene and Saemma! They are easy subjects to film. Marlene, when and if you are ever ready for a baby 'Zon, please keep me in mind!

Oh, and Saemma, by the late afternoon, all 3 babies were sitting on the higher perches. This flight was designed with the bottom perches with babies in mind. :)

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Thank you Marlene and Saemma! They are easy subjects to film. Marlene, when and if you are ever ready for a baby 'Zon, please keep me in mind!

Oh, and Saemma, by the late afternoon, all 3 babies were sitting on the higher perches. This flight was designed with the bottom perches with babies in mind. :)
I would never think of anyone else but you! Love how you raise your babies.:hug8::hug8::hug8:

I am ready, hubby, is a different story:cool:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Fantastic photos! they're gorgeous and look so healthy and happy. :heart:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:omg: Kelly they are beautiful, I will put the word out for you:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Kelly, I am dying here. Those babies are beautiful!!! And what personalities they have. My, they sure grow up fast. Thank you for sharing the pics. I could look at them all day long.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have such beautiful babies!

Matt

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awwww! So adorable! Do you breed your birds all the time or just sometimes?

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
fantastic pics! love that one where the little boy looks kinda mischieveous and the open beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.