• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OUr doggie Freckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
  • She has been gone over 10 years now..this is a pic of her when she was about 2..I gave this huge portrait of her to Dub for Xmas one y ear...it holds a special space in our home & we look at her picture every day..She lived 18 1/2 years..a blue heeler, mutt cross & the smartest dog I ever saw. We got her from a huge 7 ft Indian biker named Daisy..lol...his dog's name was Dianne & she had 9 little puppies..we went over to see the puppies one day & he served us tea in little cups...his house was spotless..I never saw such a clean house...and the puppies..he named them Fluffy Snowball, and of course Freckles lol...we had no intentions of getting one..little did I know that Dub had already picked her out & brought her home one day in a shoe box...she was so small...we also had two cats that lived long lives.& they loved Freckles. Freckles died of a brain tumor..we rushed her to the vet one night after she started bleeding from the nose..the vet said you have to make a decision...my big strong Dub heard those words and passed out cold..out like a light..he came to long enough to hold Freckles as she was put to sleep...we came home to an emptyhouse..not a day goes by when I dont think of our dear Freckles..may she rest in peace.
    http://
    ]

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a beautiful picture!! I still have a picture of my Quincy dog on my night stand--for 19 years now. I know exactly how you feel :hug8:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh, Freckles was gorgeous! You can tell she was a sweetie. I'm sorry for your loss, i know exactly how you feel. My girl that i grew up with from pretty much the day i was born died 9 years ago and i still have her pic in my room, and i think about her allt he time.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Awwww That story nearly brought me to tears!! What a beautiful story. Our family just recently lost our family dog Moe, a terri-poo, who was 14, this past July. The hurt is still very fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.