• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinion on cage please

Dmott1

Moving in
Does anyone have experience with this cage or one similar? The reason I like it is because I'm trying to find the biggest cage I can while still having 5/8in bar spacing. Kings 4226 economy play pen combo cage. I copied link below but looks like you can't click on it. Not sure why. Please let me know. I cant find reviews of anyone with this style of cage.

King's Cages - Pet Bird Cages and Supplies - Pluck No More - Java wood Perches

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What kind of bird do you have?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Dmott1

Moving in
Javi, now that you mention it that does make sense. I'm just trying to find the biggest cage while still being 5/8in bar spacing. That cage meets the requirements. Largest I have found. Yes, meyers or brown headed parrot, however, the brown heads are apparently impossible to find. Several breeders tell me people have stopped breeding them due to not being as colorful and there for not as popular. I just hear they have one of the best temperaments compared to other birds in that family. Thanks.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Have you checked rescues? The rescue I adopted my green cheek from had one I believe, but she is in NC

Dmott1

Moving in
Rescues won't adopt to me. Say I'm out of state and too many applicants to keep up with in state. In state maybe 1 and they say I'm too far. Restricted to breeder or craigslist and I never see anything on craigs. I evendors check other cities.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
What state are you in?