• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opie is home!!

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Just got home a little bit ago with Opie and I am totally in LOVE!!! He is sooo cute! He has taken everything in stride and chirped to me and munched on his millet the whole way home! The breeder gave me a boing she made so I hung that in his cage and put him on it and he was immediately eating the millet and even ate a piece of dried raspberry from my hand! I am about to go out to dinner (at the inlaws - can't get out of it LOL), so he will have some quiet time to settle in.

Here are some pics, no flash as I didn't want to scare him, so sorry they are so dark. I have a sheet over part of his cage thinking it would help him feel more secure. Anyways I am sooooo happy to have him and can't wait to start bonding!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats, Laura! So glad he's home! What a little sweetheart! :swoon:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats! Opie is adorable

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Just a little update! Opie is very spoiled already. He is only eating his millet on his own and other foods out of my hand so far. He has been pretty daring to try anything that I hold for him! :) Hoping he will be a good eater of fresh foods! :) Last night before I tucked him in he let me give him some scritches while in his cage...when I get him out he is happy to step up, but as I move my hand out of the cage, he flys back in. His wings are clipped but he is still VERY good at flying. Hoping as time goes on he will be willing to sit on my finger longer and longer! :shy:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Opie is a cutie pie. Congrats.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard