• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opal layed an egg

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Well, this has been almost everywhere by now.
Long story short, Opal has layed an egg.

First time one of my birds have layed an egg. I really didn't expect Opal to lay because I don't provide the right conditions to allow breeding, so i don't quiet understand why she layed an egg.
If any of my birds layed an egg i would have expected it from Skittles.

Here is a video showing Opal's new little eggie.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Cute little egg. Is she interested in it at all?

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I had a parakeet when I was growing up who was madly in love with me (and me with her) and she laid eggs off and on for several years. Never more than 1-2 at a time. I was a kid and didn't know much about egg-laying, but I decided it would be cruel to remove them until she let me know she was done with them, and so they'd stay in her cage until she lost interest. Sometimes they broke and sometimes I just buried them in our garden (seemed an appropriate way to deal with something that meant so much to her). I still miss her... she was one of my heart-animals.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So @TheOddFlock - she doesn't have a partner in her cage ever? She is laying without a mate? I know that is quite normal, but I'm just curious. When Fiona sits in her food dish more than normal, I start to wonder!