• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One new thing that is cool, and two not so cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I just noticed at the bottom of a thread, there is a list of 'similar threads'. Very cool!:highfive:
The smilie list-ughhh...some you cannot barely see they are so small now, until you post them...need I say more!
Where is the user CP that shows all the threads you have posted in? There is 'my posts', but definitely not the same thing.
Sorry to have any negatives. I am certain we will all get used to any changes, and some things will be tweaked as time permits.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Carole, I'll see if there is anything that can be done about the tiny siggies. Jill is working on getting the 'my posts' to show all the posts. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Carole, I'll see if there is anything that can be done about the tiny siggies. Jill is working on getting the 'my posts' to show all the posts. :)
Oh thanks Marie. Tiny smilie guys...it took me forever to find this guy>>:hug8:
:lol:

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
:hug8:

I see what you mean. this one is teeny tiny.

Hopefully he'll grow bigger soon.

I'm going to "Like" you for pointing these things out to me though. I just learned the "Like" thing. I kind of forgot about the icons as I was learning my way around

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
yeah the miniscule smilie list caught my eye from the beginning. I'll see what can be done to fix it. ;) It was always stretched out before but I didnt care because I could see them, lol. The one above the text area where the font formatting is the same list and will show those tiny ones more normal till thats fixed.

Carole you are talking about the subscribed threads list right? When you are on any forum section (forum tab at the top is highlighted and not the new posts one),you'll see the quicklinks drop-down. That has what you are looking for I think. Click that and the first link is"subscribed threads" and looks like the list you are probably familiar with vs the my posts/threads one. :)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Growing pains, but I really like a lot of the new features! :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay I moved the smilies below the text area (on the advanced editor). Unfortunately it didnt fix how teeny some of them were. Still going to see if there is anything to be done for it so Im not giving up yet :) It seems vB wants them to all fit a certain space so I have to see if we can have it not do that.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
did i miss the 'multiquote' feature?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay, see how that is. I couldnt show the big ones completely full size (the :hug8: guy is 125 pixels long) because the setting to change this makes even space for all of them.!25 pixels made them spaced SO far apart :eek: So :hug8: is small but better at least. The rest show full size. I put the static ones on top so if you are composing a message, you can "hide" the animated ones by keeping the page scrolled up a little. Figured the animated ones might be distracting for some:)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That's a huge improvement, Jill. Thanks. :highfive:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay I got brave and tried adding "My Subscibed" to the My Posts drop-down.So you can get it from that or the quicklinks one. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
okay i got brave and tried adding "my subscibed" to the my posts drop-down.so you can get it from that or the quicklinks one. :)
Perfecto!!! :D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had to temporarily disable the my posts thing, I think it may be causing an issue with explorer.I'll get it put back once I figure out if it is the cause:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hey, I have noticed that there is no longer a thing that shows you how many PM's you have, and what your limit is. It just tells you that you are full when it happens. Do you know what I mean?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, I think that used to be up at the top huh? I went to go look at mine real quick. If you go to the bottom of the main PM page, there is a box that says "Inbox contains x messages. You have x messages stored, of a total x allowed." I have been looking through the options to enhance that (we did have added enhancements before for that) but so far I havent found anything good like we had. I liked it better at the top so you knew when you were getting close to your max stored amount.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I keep forgetting to scroll down to the bottom of pages now when I'm looking for something. Thanks Jill.

Status
Not open for further replies.