• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I can swim :dancing:I bet he's never been in an environment like this his entire life. He's all alone in there with plenty of space.

I swore I'd never have another fish but when I want to relax they're the perfect thing to look at.

Sorry but, in my opinion, bettas should have a filter so I went out and got a nice little tank and some decorations for him. I used to keep bettas in bowls but after learning more about fish I decided to keep them in filtered tanks. That led to the exquisite madness "Fluffy" can now call his home.

I'll probably add a small background or something later.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he's stunning!!

love your set up - I always kept mine in a tank with a filter and plants too :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he's gorgeous!!!

Shamrock

Real Name
Meredith
VERY nice!!! I'm thinking he's in li'l fishy heaven in there. I agree with you about the aerator as well. When I had my large community tank, I had a Betta. He never bothered the other fish, and I believe he lived a much longer, happier, and healthier life than if he'd have been kept in a small, stagnant bowl all by himself. I know they originate in small pools and rice paddies and such, but I also know that of all the Bettas I ever had over the years (they're my fav fish), Cujo lived the longest and seemed the happiest.
Fluffy is very handsome BTW! :heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Very nice! Hope Fluffy is enjoying his new freedom. :D

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fluffy is one happy boy! Bettas are my favorite too! :) I have two of my own also.They each have a 10 gallon filtered heated tank.It's a myth they like small things to live in.Remember rice patties and what not are huge acres of open space..

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Fluffy is one happy boy! Bettas are my favorite too! :) I have two of my own also.They each have a 10 gallon filtered heated tank.It's a myth they like small things to live in.Remember rice patties and what not are huge acres of open space..
lol, he's in a 2.5 gallon tank. I think you beat me there :D

That's great though, it makes me feel better when people use filters and such for bettas and gold fish. It's sort of a pain in the but if you forget something and you don't have a pet store in your city though. A pet store isn't far (within 30 min or possibly shorter) but still a pain in the butt lol. I forget to get something with a little bit of a "bubble". Air stones or bubble wands are gonna have to wait a few days probably but that's okay. I wanna make sure I find something that doesn't emit a lot of bubbles anyway.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
haha love the "jaws" pic with him :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.