• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG!! I met an Ekkie ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart:For the very first time in my life!!:omg::omg:
It was such a special meeting too and so unexpected. I went to the local petshop to give some "TOO LARGE" toys that I had purchased for Emma to give to the parrots there and lo and behold.... she was there.

A little 3 month old girlie Ekkie!!:heart: Much larger than I had imagined ekkies to be. She is basically Emma's size but felt alot lighter for some reason.:confused:

Her beautiful face is still etched in my mind and it was such a nice meeting. She was so calm, docile and sweet just perched on my hand. Kind of reminded me of the first time I met Sachi.:heart::heart::heart:

Now... the question is... can I handle a 3rd parrot? Can I handle a parrot with such special needs?:lol::heelp::faint::faint::faint::faint:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
love at first sight! :swoon:

If that is what you want, yes, you can handle it.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saemma ..

If anyone is equipped to handle an Ekkie, you are. They do require a bit of special "dietary" watch points, but I so think you'd make an awesome Ekkie mom.

One of my best friends got an Ekkie not too long ago, amazing sweetheart of a bird, she's never been happier with her decision. You already feed an extremely healthy diet, so I can't you being intimidated by feeding a proper Ekkie diet.

Life is short .. if you've got the means and time to provide .. and you want her .. then I say go for it girl!!! :dance5::dance5: <besides, lol .. taking care of 3 isn't really harder than taking care of two .. that's always my rationalization!!>

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saemma ..

If anyone is equipped to handle an Ekkie, you are. They do require a bit of special "dietary" watch points, but I so think you'd make an awesome Ekkie mom.

One of my best friends got an Ekkie not too long ago, amazing sweetheart of a bird, she's never been happier with her decision. You already feed an extremely healthy diet, so I can't you being intimidated by feeding a proper Ekkie diet.

Life is short .. if you've got the means and time to provide .. and you want her .. then I say go for it girl!!! :dance5::dance5: <besides, lol .. taking care of 3 isn't really harder than taking care of two .. that's always my rationalization!!>

This coming from our resident "Sidewalk sale shopping Queen".:hug8::hehe:.

I don't know.. I kind of feel like I don't know much about ekkies even though I always read the ekkie threads and have even lurked on the land of OZ. :( :sad9:

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
They are just very different. But I love them. I just adapted all of my other birds diets around my ekkies. LOL

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
If she stole your heart, do you have a choice?!!?

You are so good with birds. I am doing okay with Ollie, though I was worried about diet and all. He is such an easy fellow....especially compared to Gertie!

She would be a very lucky parrot should she end up in your home!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!!!!!! :excited2:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)Thanks so much Monica!!What about those Hormonal, nesty things I hear about them?

Where's Birdie Marie!!?:p

Perhaps..this is what I need?

:whack::rofl:

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Here ya go ..
:whack:

Each bird is a unique creature, and while common traits that certain species of birds are known for are important to consider, they also don't mean that YOUR bird will display those particular traits. They are as unique and individual as we are. :hug8:

Oh .. and .. ahem, just because I supported our vendors .. a bit .. during the sidewalk sale doesn't mean I have self control issues .. .. I just like taking advantage of good deal is all .. not harm in stocking up on basic birdie necessities!!! :lol:

<still rationalizing .. if you haven't noticed .. lol>

:)Thanks so much Monica!!What about those Hormonal, nesty things I hear about them?

Where's Birdie Marie!!?:p

Perhaps..this is what I need?

:whack::rofl:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Do you know the sub-species?
Our male Vos is very different from any other parrots we've ever had or been around.
Carlos is 3 years old, has been with us since 3 months old.
The males are very gentle.
Do you think you'll get her?

Doris

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Do you know the sub-species?
Our male Vos is very different from any other parrots we've ever had or been around.
Carlos is 3 years old, has been with us since 3 months old.
The males are very gentle.
Do you think you'll get her?

Doris
In what way,Doris? (Your male Vos being different)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Right now.. I need to gather information and figure out whether I understand fully what I am getting myself into.:huh:
I also have to figure out whether I am mentally equipped to deal with 3 parrots too.:D On a serious note.. I have to be very rational about this... no matter how beautiful it was to meet her.

Doris.. I have no clue about the subspecies. Can I tell just by looking at her or would I need to ask?:huh:

See? I don't even know how to figure that out.:lol:

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here ya go ..
:whack:

Each bird is a unique creature, and while common traits that certain species of birds are known for are important to consider, they also don't mean that YOUR bird will display those particular traits. They are as unique and individual as we are. :hug8:

Oh .. and .. ahem, just because I supported our vendors .. a bit .. during the sidewalk sale doesn't mean I have self control issues .. .. I just like taking advantage of good deal is all .. not harm in stocking up on basic birdie necessities!!! :lol:

<still rationalizing .. if you haven't noticed .. lol>
I think you're awesome!!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.