• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Okay, I have a CL rant too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I rarely "rant" .. at least not a forum, because really, lol .. who cares about what's irritating me? :lol:

But, this is the only place I can blow off this steam where I know people can relate.

For over a month, there's been a little Hahn's on CL .. looking for a new home. Now, I need another bird like I need a hole in my head, and I especially don't need another Hahn's .. two is handful to be sure, but I have brain damage from the birdie noise, so all bets are off on my rationale.

For a month, this little Hahn's has been listed over and over again. She's 15 yrs. old, and something in her eyes just caught me. At 15 .. you'd think she'd be stable in her life .. but she's being bounced.

So .. me being the sucker for Mini's that I am ... I emailed .. and emailed .. and emailed. In the past month, I've emailed these people at least a dozen times, from all 3 of my email accounts. No response, but they keep listing her, so I know it's not a matter of her being sold and them them being to lazy to remove the listing.

I'm being ignored .. and I'm not sure why, and it's SO, SO frustrating!!!

Perhaps they didn't like the questions I asked .. but they are very basic, general info questions .. I usually don't get into "hard core" question on the first e-mail.

These are the questions I start with when inquiring about a rehome ...

Can you tell me a bit more about your bird?

Do you know the sex?
What type of diet is it on?
Favorite foods/treats?
Has it been around other animals .. birds/dogs/cats?
Has it seen a vet for a check up in the last 2 yrs?
Favorite types of toys?
Daily routine?

I don't think any of my questions are out of line, or too invasive.

Ugh .. this is so frustrating, but I guess it's a sign from TPTB that this bird isn't for me, and I should just forget her and walk away.

Sigh .. thanks for listening to me rant .. just needed to get that off my chest!!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those are very basic questions anyone would ask (or should). Im sorry they havent responded :(

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats one thing I hear alot about CL .You inquire about something and never get an answer back.It's frustrating.I shouldn't peek on there anymore either.I think its rude not to answer an email or pull the ad if the bird is sold.Was there a number to call?
I've been watching this red lored amazon being bounced for sometimes now.Now his price is down to $300- with cage and all.Then there was that Timneh that caught my eye.I just need to stop peeking on CL.

MollyMouse

Those are very basic questions anyone would ask (or should). Im sorry they havent responded :(
I agree with Jill they are questions anyone should be asking. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Craigslist is no good for us MBS sufferers. It always comes back to bite us.

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
You can try posting on CL that you are tring to get in touch with them and for them to please email or call you. Maybe it is not getting threw somehow.
I see people do that all the time.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:huh: Hmm.. That's weird that they aren't responding. Your questions are very reasonable and not innapropriate at all.:hug8:

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
In my head, I keep saying "It's all for the best, don't need another bird" ... I'm a firm believer in "the right bird at the right time" .. fate always seems to have a way of working things out.

It just kinda bugs me is all. Why bother listing an ad, then not respond? Perhaps there is something wrong with the bird, and my questions tipped them off that I'm not a newbie bird owner and would know a problem .. who knows.

Anyhoo .. I'm over it .. I got to rant a bit .. :lol: .. going to go love on the birdies I do have!!

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
Is this the ad I've seen where they say "make me an offer"? because I keep seeing it and thinking they are just trying to make some money :sad14:

If it is the same bird, I think perhaps they don't care much about the bird

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Thats so sad!!!!!
I just saw that post reposted again too.

My boyfriend wants to block CL on my laptop. I'm starting to think he's onto something.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When they don't respond to email, it's usually because a friend posted the ad, and/or they want you to call the number. I've seen ads that say if you're interested to call, not email. Some people think that only people who are really interested will call, whereas people with only casual interest or curiosity will email...:shrug:

Poor little girlie Hahn's....

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I wonder if you just said "Is this parrot still available? I'm interested, when can I come by and see her?" If they'd respond? Maybe they just didn't want to take the time to answer your questions. Maybe if you left your phone number they'd know you were serious also.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
That must be very frustrating for you. Back when we were trying to rehome a Grey we had a similar situation where the woman wouldnt respond to our emails for a week each time and I was like "Geez this is rather annoying!!!"

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Maybe the emails are not going through, I've emailed some and never heard anything back and all I asked was "is it still available" I've done it with household items as well not just animals and never get a response. Sometimes I think E-mails get lost in Cyber Space
it would be nice if any one who makes a ad on CL would leave a Number Plus E-mail that way they can be gotten a hold of one way or another

but I do come across of lot of ads, Stating they can't get a hold of a certain person for what ever item (animal, household etc) to please contact them and they'll either leave their personal E-mail (Instead of cl email ) and or a phone number.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Thank goodness I have not seen this ad and broke my CL addiction when Cosmo came home.....because Honu's cage can definitely fit 2 hahns that get along. No way no how...I'm so not looking.....I think.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Is this the ad I've seen where they say "make me an offer"? because I keep seeing it and thinking they are just trying to make some money :sad14:

If it is the same bird, I think perhaps they don't care much about the bird
Yep, that's the ad

Thats so sad!!!!!
I just saw that post reposted again too.

My boyfriend wants to block CL on my laptop. I'm starting to think he's onto something.
I should block CL, I have no willpower at all.

I wonder if you just said "Is this parrot still available? I'm interested, when can I come by and see her?" If they'd respond? Maybe they just didn't want to take the time to answer your questions. Maybe if you left your phone number they'd know you were serious also.
I've tried that as well .. no questions, just "Is your bird still available, I've very interested and would like to meet her" Still no response. I'm not fond of putting my private number out there for the world though. I've also used 3 different e-mail accounts as I know sometimes unknown e-mails may get dumped into spam folders.

Where in IL are they?
The bird is in the far NW 'burbs of Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.