• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ok this little guy is still up for adoption

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. The perfect friend is out there- you'll find him or her. :)

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm sorry it didn't work out! You'll know when you find the one for you. :)

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Your future friend is out there - when it's meant to be you'll know.
:hug8:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
It did not work out with this little guy. The search continues..........................................
Did he have some problems?

Sorry, he was a cutie but guess you have to make sure they don't have some unmanageable habits. Some dogs are put up for adoption for reasons but if they are young can be worked with. We had adopted one when I was a child that we could not deal with. They would go bonkers if you left the house. As soon as you shut the door they were on the couch throwing pillows off ripping up anything they could & would immediately defecate. I can see why they had not bothered to tell us. So hope the owners will be honest with you.

There are a lot of dogs out there so hope you find one that is a doll & well behaved & housebroken.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I am going to look at 3 possibilities if they are still at the shelter. I am keeping an open mind and be smart about this.

The little guy yesterday had some growling trigger issues. Maybe they can be worked out and maybe not , so I choose to wait and not take that gamble.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry, he was cute but temperament is important. You do have to be careful as a lot of them could have issues.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I'm sorry Jan...there is a special one out there for you.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just read a book called "don't dump the dog" by the guy that runs Stay Rescue here in St. Louis, Randy Grim. Very informative about dogs habits and why they do things and how to change them.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I just read a book called "don't dump the dog" by the guy that runs Stay Rescue here in St. Louis, Randy Grim. Very informative about dogs habits and why they do things and how to change them.
I just ordered for my Kindle. It will give me more info I need to make the best choice.

Thanks for the info.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just ordered for my Kindle. It will give me more info I need to make the best choice.

Thanks for the info.
Hope you like it. I have my copy to a co-worker that loves dogs. Her daughter has two she adopted and one has a few issues. I actually laughed out loud in a few spots.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Jan, if there is a specific breed you lean towards there are rescue groups for most breeds so you could look outside of the facility you've been to. We bought our dogs when they were puppies. Emma is very sweet and loving and Riley likes to be loving on his terms. He doesn't like me to kiss his head and growls his displeasure if I do so I leave it up to him to offer a kiss. If he steals something and takes it in his crate he's not very nice about giving it up. And of course he really, really hates being groomed. Loves to lick his feet until they are saturated and of course he makes his bed wet doing that. :wtf: He is totally glued to my husband when he's home and I'm happy about that. We got Emma first and she is more attached to me so I'm glad he has his own little lap warmer. I'm always cleaning in the evening so he has two dogs piled on him. He's really not a bird person even though he is an Avian wildlife photographer… but he will hold Bob and talk to him and it's the cutest thing ever ( I watch him from another room and it warms my heart to see him do that).

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you are interested in a poodle or poodle mix there is a Northern California Rescue Group. Don't know exactly where they are located, though.