• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OK, about buying cages online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To those of you who've bought them online, you weren't worried about the condition of the cages or the seller's honesty and willingness to address any problems?

I would buy online from someone I know, like Kathie, but I'd be really worried about buying online from somebody I don't know.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I have bought from ebay but the cage came in the origional package ad was not used I have bought used cages from a friend and washed them with bleach water and set them in the sun to dry and left them in the sun for a day or two I tried to steralize as best I can :hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I should say that I don't mean buying from any of the vendors here, I meant buying from ebay or some other site where you don't know the vendor.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
We bought a playtop cage on ebay and it came to us bent in places and damaged from the shipping. I kept it but I wouldn't do it again now that I have a local source anyhow. I think with any place where you have to ship you take the chance that it could get bent in transit.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've ordered years ago from ebay it came fine.

Bird_lover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jo
I've ordered HQ cages from Birds Comfort in the past and recently ordered two Marvelous cages from Petco. All arrived in great shape; however, I did inquire beforehand about the packing. Some manufacturers do pack their cages better than others, so there's less risk of getting a product that has been damaged in transit. I can highly recommend both brands.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I ordered Harley's Marvelous cage online. Was not damaged but the finials had been replaced with plastic screw wheels.

I contacted the vendor and they replaced within one week.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have ordered several cages on ebay. I have had a few small dents or cracked food dish, but that's it.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I get most of all my cages online. With ebay you have to study their history ratings to see if they are good or not. Read what happened if there were any problems and whether or not the seller fixed it. (all of this info is available to you if you have an ebay account). I always pay through Paypal incase of issues as they will usually help you get your money back should something go awry.

Not all my cages have came in stunningly perfect condition, but then again I have never seen a cage that was perfect. When you buy from a store you don't notice the little imperfections till later because usually you didn't actually put it together to notice them. ;)

I love my cages that I've bought and yes have ran into a bad seller but they tried pretty hard to fix it... At anyrate. Its a lot cheaper to buy online here. In a petstore nearby (which I now refuse to shop at any of the 4 within driving distance) for a tiny 18x18 they want almost $200! When I can get my 30x30's for that price.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What the heck is with that price difference? Whoa. The cages Judy and the other lady (sorry, no memory) ordered are huge! They'd be a fortune if purchased in a store. Seems too good to be true. I'd eat dirt before I'd shop at Petco.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
What the heck is with that price difference? Whoa. The cages Judy and the other lady (sorry, no memory) ordered are huge! They'd be a fortune if purchased in a store. Seems too good to be true. I'd eat dirt before I'd shop at Petco.
It's amazing the price difference isn't it? It makes you wonder what makes one vendor charge $200 more for the same cage than another.

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
My first cage i ever ordered came to me with a dent in the pull out Tray, i over looked it. Was no big deal to me. The second time i ordered in a cage i swore would be my last. I got the box's and they were badly damaged. After opening the boxes and looking into it, there was a lot of damage but not only that, There were parts missing, parts that didn't even belong to the cage i ordered! It was to the point i couldn't set the cage up at all. I emailed them, filled out a damage report and thought i'd be set. Recieved the replacement parts 2 weeks later free of charge only to find out i still didn't recieve all the parts i needed. Sent another email, which i politely explained i still didn't get all the parts i needed and sent off more pictures of the problem. Got a fairly snappy responce but i did get another package of parts after another 2 weeks. At this point i was a bit frustrated to spend good money on a cage and have all this trouble and a month to get it worked out. The Last box was still missing one part, but i was able to put the cage up. I emailed them once again and guess what, No reply. Its not shocking to say they went out of business. My other complaint on this is they just left the packages on the door step in the wide open. I know i live in a decent area but someone could have stole them. Wasn't very impressed with that

I finally got the nerve to order again 4 years later. This Time i ordered in a Aviary from Windy city parrot. First time ever ordering from them and i have to say, i was very impressed. I got 15% off as it was my first time ordering so that saved me $200 alone. I called to place my order. Had a bit of a issue with the rep i was walking to but she eventually put me on with the person i was emailing on regards to shipping & the actual owner of the site. Was very nice working with them. Was told NOT to Accept any damages as the cage was being shipped in perfect condition. I got the cage about 2 weeks after i ordered ( which is reasonable time) and the boxes were in perfect condition. Absolutely no problems at all. I was very impressed to say the lease.

I guess you just have to try to find info about the seller. I didn't really do much looking into the sellers before but i did a little for the aviary and i was pleased with what i saw. I've never ordered from ebay as of yet so i can't say much for there

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
I've ordered two from cagesunder500dollars and the first had some slight surface rust but all in places the birdies couldn't get to so I let it slide. And the double flight was absolutely immaculate :)

Also I only buy hamster food at petco. Lol my birds deserve the best and petco couldn't be further from it.. (ironic since I rescued my caique from a petco that def should not have been selling birds. Let alone a caique for 1500. nobody shopping at petco spends that kinda money! So since she was there so long the manager felt bad and I got her for half off and saved her!)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran

I know! its plain outragous! :(

I buy my ebay cages here: Bestwestdeal items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Have had very good service, so far bought 4 cages from him. (my own personal choices for swiching, no issues with the cages.. I tend to cage shop like most girls shop for purses... :rolleyes::lol:)

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
with not much choice here to buy cages i got two of mine off of ebay a few years ago. both came with in the time frame and in great condition. with my alexandrines cage its retail price was $799.00 i got it for $150. s/h included.it was missing one screw (screw package was sealed so it must have been a miss count from the factory) but i just ran across the street to the hardware store here and got a replacement for a dollar or so. figured it wasnt worth the hassle of calling them on it.not sure but i think another aussie member here ordered from the same place and they were not happy with something about the cage (either condition or shipping time) sometimes its not the company itself its the shipper that causes the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.