• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh Noo?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
I have a sense of humor with my birds and their antics. and on occasion, my mild mannered approach has given some positive reinforcement when i really should have discouraged the behavior. So i see where you are coming from. I inappropriately found it hysterical to see my 120lb son running for his life from my 2lb macaw! But ya know, all we can do is move forward. I personally would send 'em packing friend or no friend. But then that's me. Its really easy to say this when its not me putting a whole family on the street for one disobedient child. I have no advice for you because you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I offer sympathy both with the situation with the child and the tendency to laugh when we probably shouldnt. :oops:

Krissa

Sprinting down the street
If the 'too was a large dog no one would be laughing. Sierra can do just as much damage as a large dog to this child. Please, since the child cannot be controlled you must cage the bird. I understand it's your house and the pets were there first, but you are opening yourself up for a lawsuit if the child is hurt. You could even loose your bird. If caging the bird is not an option it is time to tell the parents to move on. There may be governmental/community resources to help them with their home situation. Get them in contact with the right services and give them a deadline to get out to protect your bird and the child. I am saying all of this out of concern for those involved.

Sierra2012

Walking the driveway
I have a sense of humor with my birds and their antics. and on occasion, my mild mannered approach has given some positive reinforcement when i really should have discouraged the behavior. So i see where you are coming from. I inappropriately found it hysterical to see my 120lb son running for his life from my 2lb macaw! But ya know, all we can do is move forward. I personally would send 'em packing friend or no friend. But then that's me. Its really easy to say this when its not me putting a whole family on the street for one disobedient child. I have no advice for you because you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I offer sympathy both with the situation with the child and the tendency to laugh when we probably shouldnt. :oops:
I honestly didnt mean to laugh or make a joke out of it but seriously the little girl had it coming...I am a firm believer if you hurt or are mean to an animal you diserve to be bit because thats the only way an animal can defend itself....at the time it seemed funny and was laughing because the little girl diserved it but now that I think about it I do realize I have a serious problem on my hands....I will not lock my bird up in a cage all day so I made it where the child isnt allowed in the same room as Sierra....Im just hopeing everyone here inforces my new rule and that this stops the problem:confused:

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I would never in a million years let someone into my house that ever did something like that. I would have a talk with the girl and if she realizes what a horrible thing she did, then maybe give her another chance, but her mother needs to be around to make sure things like that don't happen. Can you put Sierra in another room for awhile?

Sierra2012

Walking the driveway
I would never in a million years let someone into my house that ever did something like that. I would have a talk with the girl and if she realizes what a horrible thing she did, then maybe give her another chance, but her mother needs to be around to make sure things like that don't happen. Can you put Sierra in another room for awhile?
Sierras cage wont fit in any other room but the living room...I have grounded the girl from coming into the living room for right now I honestly dont want that child around any of my animals after all this

Status
Not open for further replies.