• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh no, definitely not Buzzard!

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Buzzard is an angel. Perfect and green, @faislaq ‘s perfect boy. He never does a single naughty thing. Ever. Not even once.

He definitely doesn’t nip me through the bars while I’m letting him out onto his play stand, no sir-ee. I also never ever had to bribe him with a nut to let him out the first time. Buzzard is the perfect bird, never naughty... ever...

He has the sweetest voice and his screams sound absolutely nothing like a mix between a smoke detector that ran out of battery and a truck backing up. Nope. Not even a little. He also doesn’t make this sound if I linger by the nut drawer too long without giving him a treat.

Nope. He’s Faislaq’s perfect blue baby boy. He’s never done anything wrong, and you are all silly for thinking otherwise. I can totally 100% hold him all the time and I totally do that because Buzzy is perfect and super sweet and Karen totally didn’t brainwash me into saying so.

Help me

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
lol He is perfect! :angel6: He's so good about stepping up (when he wants) and letting you know what he wants so you don't have to guess. :rolleyes: Plus I get to get my fingers in that beak and kiss the heck out of those cheeks every single day. :xflove:
20190825_002026.png 0108171720-1.jpg

Keep up the nut bribes and I'm sure he'll step up for you eventually. :tup: That's what hubby did. Took him the better part of a year, but now he steps up better for him than be does for me! Besides, you're local now; you've got time. ;)

Last edited:

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
lol He is perfect! :angel6: He's so good about stepping up (when he wants) and letting you know what he wants so you don't have to guess. :rolleyes: Plus I get to kiss those cheeks every single day. :xflove:

Keep up the nut bribes and I'm sure he'll step up for you eventually. :tup: That's what hubby did. Took him the better part of a year, but now he steps up better for him than be does for me! Besides, you're local now; you've got time. ;)
I got brave one day, offered my hand... and got nipped.

But... uh... I mean obviously I deserved it of course. I was super rude before I did that and stuff. It was a miracle he didn’t draw blood. Dexter would’ve totally drawn sooo much blood if someone asked him to step up the way I asked Buzzard. 100%. I was terrible. Super mean. I deserved it... totally. I was like, waving my hand in his face and screaming “step up”. :geek:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am so lost as to why you would have to tell anyone this stuff, to me it is obvious that Buzzy is the best example of a perfect bird! He would not even be capable of doing something wrong, annoying or naughty :D
Buzz is a big bird role model ;)

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I am so lost as to why you would have to tell anyone this stuff, to me it is obvious that Buzzy is the best example of a perfect bird! He would not even be capable of doing something wrong, annoying or naughty :D
Buzz is a big bird role model ;)
Hes obviously the Gold standard for macaws, which is why I needed to let everyone know that he doesn’t do any of those things because everyone should aspire to raise Birds just like Buzz :zipped1:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:jawdrop: I know you're only joking, but he really is the easiest bird. And we don't offer hands to step up, we offer our arms*. Fingers are for beaking, only with me so far, and I offer two at a time to relieve pressure when he's exited. Even hubby doesn't get beaking and smooching privileges. :bored:

*You might want to wait til after he's had a nail trim before you try it if you thought Dexter's nails were sharp before his were done. :scared2: Imagine them sharper, larger, and with 1280 g behind them.

Last edited:

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
:jawdrop: I know you're only joking, but he really is the easiest bird. And we don't offer hands to step up, we offer our arms. Fingers are for beaking, only with me, and I offer two at a time to relieve pressure when he's exited. Even hubby doesn't get beaking and smooching privileges. :bored:
I’m just so used to dex and his “yeah I’ll totally step up onto this single finger with my MASSIVE FEET” mentality :hilarious:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Buzzard is an angel. Perfect and green, @faislaq ‘s perfect boy. He never does a single naughty thing. Ever. Not even once.

He definitely doesn’t nip me through the bars while I’m letting him out onto his play stand, no sir-ee. I also never ever had to bribe him with a nut to let him out the first time. Buzzard is the perfect bird, never naughty... ever...

He has the sweetest voice and his screams sound absolutely nothing like a mix between a smoke detector that ran out of battery and a truck backing up. Nope. Not even a little. He also doesn’t make this sound if I linger by the nut drawer too long without giving him a treat.

Nope. He’s Faislaq’s perfect blue baby boy. He’s never done anything wrong, and you are all silly for thinking otherwise. I can totally 100% hold him all the time and I totally do that because Buzzy is perfect and super sweet and Karen totally didn’t brainwash me into saying so.

Help me
Hold on... Now, WAit JUst A MinUTE...... SHE HAS NUT DRAWERS?????? :rofl:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I got brave one day, offered my hand... and got nipped.

But... uh... I mean obviously I deserved it of course. I was super rude before I did that and stuff. It was a miracle he didn’t draw blood. Dexter would’ve totally drawn sooo much blood if someone asked him to step up the way I asked Buzzard. 100%. I was terrible. Super mean. I deserved it... totally. I was like, waving my hand in his face and screaming “step up”. :geek:

Yes!!! Of course!!!! Here sweetie... eat these!!!! Oh dear...

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I’m just so used to dex and his “yeah I’ll totally step up onto this single finger with my MASSIVE FEET” mentality :hilarious:
Oh, and wait for him to offer his foot. If he's not offering, he's not willing.

And make sure you have an exit plan. He isn't always ready to step off when you want him to. Have a nut out & ready to lure him back to his stand. ;)

Hold on... Now, WAit JUst A MinUTE...... SHE HAS NUT DRAWERS?????? :rofl:
I do! :laugh-bounce: Well, one anyway. We have so much fantastic storage in our new kitchen that the critters have their own cabinet, section on the counter underneath it, and a drawer below that! It's a dream! :cloud9:

Oh yeah, and a treat bowl on the other counter. :shy: It's where we keep nuts in the shell for easy access (bribes) but since those are scarce right now, it's filled with plastic army men instead.

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Oh, and wait for him to offer his foot. If he's not offering, he's not willing.

And make sure you have an exit plan. He isn't always ready to step off when you want him to. Have a nut out & ready to lure him back to his stand. ;)

I do! :laugh-bounce: Well, one anyway. We have so much fantastic storage in our new kitchen that the critters have their own cabinet, section on the counter underneath it, and a drawer below that! It's a dream! :cloud9:

Oh yeah, and a treat bowl on the other counter. :shy: It's where we keep nuts in the shell for easy access (bribes) but since those are scarce right now, it's filled with plastic army men instead.

Have an exit plan.

I'm dying!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So um... what exactly are those plastic army men for? Are they protecting the last of the in-shell nuts?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:lol: I love this thread! :hilarious: :cloud9:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
what exactly are those plastic army men for?
Since Buzzard likes to snip plastic chain I thought I'd recycle the army men but they haven't gone over very well. :shrug2: He'll take them, but then he drops them so they don't make very good bribes. I think @HolliDaze has been giving them to Dexter, so maybe he likes them? :)

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
So um... what exactly are those plastic army men for? Are they protecting the last of the in-shell nuts?
Oh yeah. I can picture that one in my head!

They give those to a parrot????

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Since Buzzard likes to snip plastic chain I thought I'd recycle the army men but they haven't gone over very well. :shrug2: He'll take them, but then he drops them so they don't make very good bribes. I think @HolliDaze has been giving them to Dexter, so maybe he likes them? :)
He only likes them if I pretend he can’t have one first. I gotta play with them and say “you can’t have one” and then he loves them