• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh Lordy

madison nicole

Walking the driveway
so as you all know I was/ possibly am looking for a macaw. Well my neighbor just had a clutch of 3 lovebird babies and has no idea what to do with them. I me them. They are now 3 weeks old. And one of them just got me. Like I can’t stop thinking about the little monster. He’s a solid white Fischer and he’s a doll. Not what I was looking for but I’m kinda thinking it’s what was meant to be. My neighbor is terrified to feed them so I might bring them to my house and do it myself. I have a lot of handfeeding experience even though I’m young haha. I had my heart set on a macaw but now this little Lovie slipped its way into my heart and mind. I think I’m gonna go for it and wait till im older for a macaw. I’ve never really experienced this feeling and it’s so exciting. I’m thinking of naming him or her Kye

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Aww, sounds like it was meant to be. Lovies are little cuties.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Much better. You already have a cockatoo and that is dangerous for macaws.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I think it was meant to be! Whatever happens, good luck!!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you have the ability to care and provide for him, go for it! Once they capture your heart, it’s all over.

(When I met Neutrino, I couldn’t sleep at night until I brought her home. I couldn't bear not knowing if she’d be okay somewhere else! She was so traumatized, tiny, gentle, and vulnerable. :sad4: So I listened to my heart and brought her home, where I know that she’ll be safe and cared for. No regrets!)