• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odd behavior?

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Macho has been acting weird lately, and my best guess is due to the wind and rainstorm that is happening tonight and this weekend. He's been twitching his wings quite often and has himself all fluffed up. Overall, he seems healthy and doesn't show any other signs of distress. Just getting second opinions on this. Thanks! I can probably snatch a video when i have time if it is requested.
:hug8:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Video would be helpful, if possible.

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
I have a video, I just can't figure out how to put it on... o_O His behavior seems more hormonal now, he's been croaking (is that what you'd call it?) since a few hours ago. He usually used to do that only at bedtime late in the night. He's also been bobbing his head up and down. I have a feeling it is related to hormones.

Last edited:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very possibly hormones.
Is he eating and pooping normally?

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Dont touch anything but the head, sends the wrong signal ! Valentine does the same with me but inside my Tshirt, when she does I just jostle the shirt a bit, just enough to break her train of thought. :smileflower:

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Exactly! Macho climbs in my shirt and twitches a little. I'll keep that thought in mind next time i go to pet him! So do you think it is because of hormones? I'm quite worried about him and don't know what to think. :(
Dont touch anything but the head, sends the wrong signal ! Valentine does the same with me but inside my Tshirt, when she does I just jostle the shirt a bit, just enough to break her train of thought. :smileflower:

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Also the video was taken right before I put him to bed around 8 ish so he might of been kind of sleepy but maybe I'll get one tomorrow if he continues.

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Ok so this morning, I took him out of bed and noticed he stunk badly. I found some poo on his tail so I figured he couldn't hold it long enough. I tried to check in his sleeping kennel for any traces and IT STUNK. I inspected the poo more closely and it was repulsive. His poo usually doesn't smell like this!!! Any thoughts?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Hope he's okay!:hug8:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Anatomy of poop:
The part that is normally white...
Was it yellow and smelly?
If so, please take him to the vet as soon as possible.
Good luck!

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Good news! : Last night and this morning he is acting his normal self! I still might call a vet to discuss his behavior earlier, but so far, he's doing great! No more smelly poo, talking and moving around a lot more. Thank you everybody for your advice and prayers! :hug8:

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Rio (my conure) has smelly poop only in the morning. It's normal the rest of the day. The vet found nothing in the gram stain to warrant worry, and I've heard more people say that the morning poop can have a small smell, but rios is not overbearing, I just notice it first thing. I called the vet on mine, maybe a vet call is still a good idea