• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Now THREE partially blind conures

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
Well another from the clutch ended up with the cloudy right eye :( so I took him in as well.

If I did this right and uploaded this pics right then the two on the tree stand are the first two I got who go by cosmo and kahlúa. And the guy on the cage drawbridge is the newest little guy, mojito :)

I believe I have a full bar now :) as well as a full flock...for now ;) lol

So far they are all doing fine. All very scared of me still. Mojito is a little less frightened because he seems to have the best vision. Little by little each day I hope they get used to me :)
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Is this a hatch problem or a virus in this clutch?
what did the vet say?:hug8:

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
Haven't had a chance to take them to the vet yet. They are being quarentined anyways (and I wondered if that was the case as well) however mai tai has a respiratory infection at the moment and has drained my hundreds in my vet fund. So they will remain quarentined until I can get a clean bill of health on them.

Im assuming it was a bird defect and they didn't notice on the 3rd until now because his is less obvious and he is much more active than the others. Also he always hung out with the othr two on the bottom since hatched. They assumed it was because he was protecting them but I think its because he suffered the same condition.

But I digress. Either way I will be taking them to the vet to check them out all over probably after my next paycheck.

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Aww poor chickies.

Gcc's are one of my absolute fave birds

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I would get them checked for Polyoma for sure. They are cuties. :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWW Bless You for giving them a wonderful home:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank you for giving them a good home....poor little tykes

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I didn't know if you had the parents or not ...and YES thank you for giving them a good home...
any way you can convience the people not to breed the parents again????
Did your vet do a testing on your bird for Psittacosis?:hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Aww such cutie pie's... :) Thank you for taking them in.. :)

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
Well they are almost a year old now so I wouldn't worry about a lot of those diseases. And they were born with the cloudy eye (the new addition jist has less cloudyness so it wasn't noticed during handfeeding. They came from a large scale bird store breeding operation and the parents have apparently never had a bad clutch before.

Other than the blind eye they all APPEAR perfectly healthy (though when dealing with birds that can not be the case) however I've had them for about 3 weeks in quarentine and have observed normal bahavior. Normal droppings. Normal appetite. Clean vent and cere. And the other eye looks flawless. However I will still get them all examined once my vet fund is replenished and they will not come out of quarentine for atleast 90 days anyways and after a vet check (I play it safe and am lucky enough to live alone in a 3 bedroom house so I have plenty of room to have multiple bird rooms :)

Also on a random but happy note after a week of two baytril doses a day mai tai's respiratory infection sounds like its clearing up. Yay!

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
Oh and also forgot to mention the parents had another clutch about 3 months ago and all of those babies are healthy as can be. (I had the fun of watching all of them try to take a bath at the same time the day I went to pick up mojito :D )

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
make sure you give them lots of sweet potato, it is very good for eyesight in animals.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know Im late to this,but I just wanted to say thank you for taking them in. They are just adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.