• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Now my tiel is limping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
It's like a MAJOR sprain/tare in the ligaments around that joint...It is something only a vet could assess and tell you....
I'm not trying to scare you, just make you aware...that is why when a bird is limping etc/ it is always better to keep them in a fish tank with warmth for a few days instead of out and about with other birds...Remember, birds HIDE their injuries to try to survive...so him playing and looking like everything is OK could be a cover for him that HE CAN'T control...know what I mean?
If you have a leg injury, you want to keep the bird quiet, eating and watching them...this give the bird time to start healing and the body recover (shock).... People in shock will continue walking on a broken leg never realizing it is broken....:hug8:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Well, she's awake now and just ate. I couldn't really see anything. Too many feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.