• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Now chew this

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:wow: I just looove the logs you have for your fids!!:heart: Bentley and Isabelle are looking gorgeous:heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
What tree is it from?

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
You have perfection for your birds. You should go in the business of Avian Designs
Gift from nature, and good cardio/weight lifting work-out , lugging the tree trunks home , arranging and cutting . It does add a element of natural beauty and enrichment to their environment.

Max83

Walking the driveway
your aviary is very cool, I love the set up! your birds are stunning and very lucky!!! :)

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
your aviary is very cool, I love the set up! your birds are stunning and very lucky!!! :)
Thanks , I try, over time i have added elements to enhance their environment. The the outside aviary I got 3 years ago. Before that I would put them in a travel cage for sun and fresh air. Always wanted to get one. After I paid off that . I got the Double Java Tree ,last year around this time. Thanks to PayPal and Amazon Prime ,
No intrest for 6 months. If only I could afford to make my back yard completely enclosed...
:merlieshops:

Max83

Walking the driveway
Thanks , I try, over time i have added elements to enhance their environment. The the outside aviary I got 3 years ago. Before that I would put them in a travel cage for sun and fresh air. Always wanted to get one. After I paid off that . I got the Double Java Tree ,last year around this time. Thanks to PayPal and Amazon Prime ,
No intrest for 6 months. If only I could afford to make my back yard completely enclosed...
:merlieshops:
eheh, same problem and project here with enclosing the back yard! for now I put them under completly open windows for the sunlight.

are your cockatoos pairs or same sex? they seem very bonded to each other.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
are your cockatoos pairs or same sex? they seem very bonded to each other.
They're pairs. Very bonded, Bentley is 18 yrs. Old, Isabelle is 3 1/2, had them both since they were 6 months old. Before Isabelle joined our flock, Bentley was the Baby , Kiwi our Rose Breasted Cockatoo was his companion. She passed away 3 1/2 years ago . She was 30years old , when she died Bentley was devastated and grieving, as was I. He hid inside a box and rocked and sulked. So sad ,we both needed to fill the void . I decided to find him another companion. Baby Isabelle has helped us heal from our deep sorrow. She and Bentley have formed a very deep bond, she has brought joy back into his world, and therefore mine.