• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not going to be an official vendor anymore... :(

RachaelR

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
Sometimes life throws us a bad deal, and we have to just get over it! But folks, I'll still be around, skulking in the background, and picking out little tidbits I'd like to use in my parrot mysteries (I'll ask before I use your stories, of course)!
I would love it if you all wanted to check in with me on facebook. I'm there under my name:
Rachael Rawlings Author - Home | Facebook

I also have a mailing list that I give away free goodies on. (Yes, that includes my parrot mysteries!!) Just respond and I'll put you on the list!

Speaking of books, here is a link to my author page! I now have 4 parrot mysteries, and am always working on the rest! I have 10 published books in total, and one releasing at the end of this month!

https://www.amazon.com/Rachael-Rawlings/e/B004YY5P8A

Questions or comments?
Thanks all!!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am going to check out your stories! I can’t really call myself a writer, but I was a reporter for several years. Writers or aspiring writers should support each other.

I think I’ll write a story about a crazy parrot who saves the world from a highly destructive orange global hurricane! Global warming must be coloring hurricanes now. How weird!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I have read all of your parrot mysteries and the 2 in your Raven series (and I have preordered the 3rd). Good luck and don't be a stranger around here.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I one of your books now on my kindle to start reading. :)

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Oh my goodness!! I've been looking for a good book series to get into, and I think this is it! I have VERY long flights coming up (19.5 hrs going, 23.5 hrs coming back). I love mysteries, and haven't read fiction books in a long time.
I'll be downloading your series :laugh-bounce:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I loved all the ones I have read so far.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
So sorry to hear this.

RachaelR

Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
I have read all of your parrot mysteries and the 2 in your Raven series (and I have preordered the 3rd). Good luck and don't be a stranger around here.
Thank you for your support!! I hope you enjoyed the books! I am working hard on getting Bleak December ready :)
I love hearing from readers
Woot!

RachaelR

Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
Oh my goodness!! I've been looking for a good book series to get into, and I think this is it! I have VERY long flights coming up (19.5 hrs going, 23.5 hrs coming back). I love mysteries, and haven't read fiction books in a long time.
I'll be downloading your series :laugh-bounce:
Check them out and let me know the ones you choose!
:)

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Check them out and let me know the ones you choose!
:)
OK, I'm hooked. I started the cockatiel book... LOVE your writing. I've bought ALL the kindle edition bird books. You write how I think- lots of detail! I have 8 weeks before my trip- I'm trying to avoid reading all the books so quickly- I want to keep a few for the trip! Florida is a bonus- I travel to FL frequently for conferences and to visit the human flockmate :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
OK, I'm hooked. I started the cockatiel book... LOVE your writing. I've bought ALL the kindle edition bird books. You write how I think- lots of detail! I have 8 weeks before my trip- I'm trying to avoid reading all the books so quickly- I want to keep a few for the trip! Florida is a bonus- I travel to FL frequently for conferences and to visit the human flockmate :)
Once you start you won't want to stop. I love her Raven series also. It's a touch of the paranormal with a touch of romance. (Not so over-the-top as some.) The paranormal and romance is part of the story, and add to the story, but not the whole purpose of the story. They are great mysteries. I usually figure out the guilty person by the halfway point in a book. Not so with these.

Last edited:

RachaelR

Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
You all are so wonderful!! Can I quote you? You make me want to get back to my writing again!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
You all are so wonderful!! Can I quote you? You make me want to get back to my writing again!
You can definitely quote me. I love your books. As soon as I finish the current book I am reading, I am going to start Bleak December. Unless I decide I can't wait and have to bump it up and put the other on a back burner for a little while.