• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not fair!!

Cahtie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Misty
Ok, you can change your entire feather pattern as you mature, but I can't paint my nails???!!

I made the grave, unforgivable mistake of getting manicure Saturday night and now my two conures treat my hands like live snakes! :confused:

What's worse is they somehow got me to feeling guilty about it! How does that work? :wtf:

Can't wait until they realize that mommy isn't the scary nail monster just because she changed her 'feathers'. Gah! :banghead:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No, no ...... :jawdrop1: mommies dont paint theyre talons,,,

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Ok, you can change your entire feather pattern as you mature, but I can't paint my nails???!!

I made the grave, unforgivable mistake of getting manicure Saturday night and now my two conures treat my hands like live snakes! :confused:

What's worse is they somehow got me to feeling guilty about it! How does that work? :wtf:

Can't wait until they realize that mommy isn't the scary nail monster just because she changed her 'feathers'. Gah! :banghead:

Funny what they notice. I have seen all sorts of nail colors in pics with birds from black to baby blue & those birds learned to live with it. Hopefully your guys will come around & allow
mommy her painted nails. they are not used to it its foreign & scares them. Some birds are just so picky!

:hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Oh the horror of it all. :hehe:

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
What were you thinking? :facepalm:
:lol:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Those nail monsters are terrifying, you can never be too careful :rofl:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Aw. It's so funny what they are afraid of. Bella is afraid of the towel monster that is eating Mommy's head when she comes out of the shower. :)

QBird

Jogging around the block
LOL

so true... I have some birds that hide from me if I present a hand with painted nails and other birds that seem to think that painted nails much be killed instantly :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Next time let them choose the color! ;)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Wait until you change your hair style or colour - mine wait for a while to see if I'm going to change or if I'm still the same mom.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Birds are so silly, I hope they forgive you for your transgression soon. :hug8:

Peanut is the same way, if I put on a bandaid she'll defend herself against the horrific aberration.
By force.
Nothing says "ouch" quite like that beak grinding into a wound through a bandaid. I don't think I've worn one visibly around Peanut in a decade, an open wound is a safer bet.

So imagine my horror when I was told after eye surgery I'd have a massive bandage over my right eye for least two days. :eek:
And my shock when I got home and Peanut didn't even care. She gently investigated with her beak and then ignored it. In fact months later (I'm slow, okay?) I realized she was sitting on my blind side and would give a little alarm chirp when she could see movement beyond the doorway (the dogs or my mother who came over to help out.)
She almost always prefers my left side, I think she knew I couldn't see out that side and/or didn't feel well, and was looking out for me (but it's hard to know for sure, especially since it didn't occur to me at the time. She could have just really liked the bandage or something and can't normally see out the door on the left side.)

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Not all birds are afraid of nail color. I had my TOE nails painted red and my CAG found them quite attractive and would mount them. I had to wear something over my feet...no bare feet or flip flops!