• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 nose sensitive

vijay

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
vijay
Back story , a year ago. my bathroom was under renovation for a week. after that one of the cockatiel the right side nostril was swollen. i bought her to the vet. the vet treated her and her nostril was either red or swollen. of and on for a year.

the vet came to the conclusion. she had a sensitive nose. ask me to buy a air purifier. try to solve the problem.

anyone came across anything like this?

Attachments

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So did you buy an air purifier?

It could be due to dryness or it could be an infection. Sometimes they even get a seed in there. Hard to say. Check with the vet.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
First and most simple thing to check for is a seed stuck in his nasal passage. Cockatiels seem to get a seed in their nose quite often.

You probably do need an air purifier anyway. Cockatiels are pretty dusty birds and an air purifier will be beneficial for their health and yours.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did the vet do a nasal flush or culture or just a visual exam?

vijay

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
vijay
the vet did check her nose for any seed or other object stuck in there but none at all.
i did buy a air purifier, will use it this weekend to see any changes