• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Northwest Cages..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I don't own one, but here's what I know about them... John Rogers manufactures his cages in the USA and each cage comes with a lifetime warranty against workmanship and rust. They drill all of their bars rather than weld (which apparently according to him and Mark Mann is the better, safer, stronger way to do it). They are all custom and hand built (the ones on their website are just "ideas" or templates for cages). They typically have a 12-16 week lead time on all of their cages. They use ceramic bowls. I got a price quote from them and they are quite pricey and I couldn't find anybody that actually owned a cage from them, though I had heard from a parrot behaviorist that some of her clients had them and they seemed very nice. I think that if I had asked for some references or could see somebody else's cage it would have really helped. They seem really top of the line. He calls them the "Ultimate Cage."

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't own one, but here's what I know about them... John Rogers manufactures his cages in the USA and each cage comes with a lifetime warranty against workmanship and rust. They drill all of their bars rather than weld (which apparently according to him and Mark Mann is the better, safer, stronger way to do it). They are all custom and hand built (the ones on their website are just "ideas" or templates for cages). They typically have a 12-16 week lead time on all of their cages. They use ceramic bowls. I got a price quote from them and they are quite pricey and I couldn't find anybody that actually owned a cage from them, though I had heard from a parrot behaviorist that some of her clients had them and they seemed very nice. I think that if I had asked for some references or could see somebody else's cage it would have really helped. They seem really top of the line. He calls them the "Ultimate Cage."
Gracias Lotus.. I will report back with my findings.

I'd really like to find *real people* who've had real experience with these cages and of course the Service too!!:D

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
I was going to check out the one for sale in our area for you. It was listed in the Lansing CL area which would be about an hour away and I could see my DD. But, it is in Kalamazoo which is 2.5 hours away.

The people selling it love it (of course). They sold their bird to some one on the OTHER side of the state and they already had a cage.

Here is the link; Macaw Cage or Large Bird Cage

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I was going to check out the one for sale in our area for you. It was listed in the Lansing CL area which would be about an hour away and I could see my DD. But, it is in Kalamazoo which is 2.5 hours away.

The people selling it love it (of course). They sold their bird to some one on the OTHER side of the state and they already had a cage.

Here is the link; Macaw Cage or Large Bird Cage
How interesting that they have a freedom feeder installed in there!

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I'm curious to know as well. Eventually I want all of my birds in large stainless steel cages / enclosures. Thanks for starting this thread Saemma! :highfive:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks to Pineview, I've emailed the CL poster to find out more about this company as well as his cage.:D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In case anyone is interested. This cage is still for sale.:D She's in Kalamazoo. I have no clue where that is.:huh:

The person's name is Jennifer. She'd be willing to ship but of course the purchaser would have to pay for the packaging and shipping costs.

here's some more info that she provided me.. if interested..
The cage dimensions are as follows - 70 inches tall - this includes the base
37 across
and 25 front to back or deep

the bars are spaced 1 inch on centers and are 1/8 inch (I think) bar stock. As I am sure you know they use through bar construction not welds

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just got off the phone with John Rogers from Northwest cages. Very nice conversation.:D
He's an engineer and works in the metal industry for the last 30+ years. Making *customized and personallized cages is his hobby*
He is also owned by an umbrella Cockatoo.

Northwest has been in business for 15 years. Started his business because he saw what was available on the *mainstream* market and felt he could provide much better for parrots and their owners.
I will send him my specs today and he will send me a quote tonight. I'm looking forward to this. Yes he does ship to Canada.:D

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, those cages look AWESOME!
I'm not in the market atm, but I'm *definitely* planning on upgrading Archie and Ella into a SS enclosure.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

They can use Stainless steel bowls if you like as well.
John will do anything you prefer. He prefers Ceramic bowls because his cockatoo likes to KLANG on the stainless steel bowls. The ceramic bowls make a *less noisy* sound when klanged.:hehe:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
They can use Stainless steel bowls if you like as well.
John will do anything you prefer. He prefers Ceramic bowls because his cockatoo likes to KLANG on the stainless steel bowls. The ceramic bowls make a *less noisy* sound when klanged.:hehe:
:rofl: I like how is birds own quirks have helped to design certain aspects of the cage that he markets to his customers. I think its genius!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:o: Forgive me for my ignorance.. but can someone explain in laymen terms what *miter* means?
Thanks.:D

John said it would be no problem to build a shelf but

* enclosed by the square tube and with mitered corners"

Do you guys understand what he is trying to tell me?:huh:
John Rogers from Northwest sent me some awesome and detailed photos. I think I'm loving this. Emma loves poking her head in Ceramic bowls because the Echo Effect is pretty sensational!!:D Right now I am considering 2 ceramic bowls in the front and a big stainless steel bowl in the back for drinking.
What do you guys think?:D

Attachments

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Mitered simply means... where the corners meet, instead of them meeting at straight lines, the two sides will be angled (usually at 45 degrees) so that they will fit into each other diagonally. Like this:

I did like his cup brackets but I don't like that eye hook at the top that keeps them from being pulled out-- wish it were welded. Wouldn't want to risk getting a beak caught in there! I tend to favor SS dishes over ceramic but the ceramic sure is pretty :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He will do any kind of style you prefer. All you need to do is provide him with a detailed photo. :) Or explain what matters most to you.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:hehe: maybe i will work with both :D

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
For example... if you look at the first photo of the feeder door... The right side has mitered corners, whereas the left side does not :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
He will do any kind of style you prefer. All you need to do is provide him with a detailed photo. :) Or explain what matters most to you.
Oh yes I know :) I was just giving you some feedback on those ones in particular.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mitered simply means... where the corners meet, instead of them meeting at straight lines, the two sides will be angled (usually at 45 degrees) so that they will fit into each other diagonally. Like this:

I did like his cup brackets but I don't like that eye hook at the top that keeps them from being pulled out-- wish it were welded. Wouldn't want to risk getting a beak caught in there! I tend to favor SS dishes over ceramic but the ceramic sure is pretty :)
Thanks Lotus.. I still don't know if I understand.. but how do you think Emma's beak would get caught. She has a pretty big beak.:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.