• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No one noticed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Stunning Ringnecks!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks all

the guy said the male maybe split to Lacewing - something about his front coloring
but as far as I know splits don't show visually

the only ones I know that do (and doesn't even always show) are split to pied in cockatiels

but there's hardly any information about ringnecks on line so I guess time will tell

but I take what he says with a grain of salt since he made them 5 yrs younger than they were

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations..actually I did notice but I thought I was getting old and imagining things

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Congratulations! They are Stunning and Gorgeous! :heart:
As to not noticing them in your siggy - no excuse here other than being a scatterbrain! :o:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! They are beautiful!

Matt

penguin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Wow, what beauties! I love IRNs, I think they are gorgeous in any color. I met one at a Petco in Miami that was really friendly and egg yolk yellow. Are they a breeding pair or a pet pair, or both?

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Congrats. Hey maybe I missed this too
but what about the lori? Do you still have
it?

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Wow, what beauties! I love IRNs, I think they are gorgeous in any color. I met one at a Petco in Miami that was really friendly and egg yolk yellow. Are they a breeding pair or a pet pair, or both?
Breeding - they far from nice I got a nice bite from the male the other day LOL

Congrats. Hey maybe I missed this too
but what about the lori? Do you still have
it?
She went to her forever home a while back, The people came to buy budgies from me for their kids and the man Fell head over heals in love with her, They had the experience i was looking for and they went all the way home(about 25 mins away) called and he wanted to know if she was available He fell for her hard! and he came all the way back same day to get her

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
I'm glad the lori is in her forever home!

and I'm usually on my iPhone, so I don't see sigs well. Some of them don't show at all on tapatalk. I love the new ringnecks though!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
They are gorgeous Kelli, congrats on the new additions!:hug8:

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Great news about the lori and your new
fids!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Great news about the lori and your new
fids!
Yes, she was a hoot but this wasn't the best house for her, I knew that when i agreed to foster her. But anything was better than where I got her from and where they got her from! and in the end it all worked out :D

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I actually noticed too, but didnt say anything cause I assumed I missed the thread annoucning them, and meant to go back and look for it, but havent had time.
They are gorgeous!! Some day Id love to have another ringneck....a grey one!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I actually noticed too, but didnt say anything cause I assumed I missed the thread annoucning them, and meant to go back and look for it, but havent had time.
They are gorgeous!! Some day Id love to have another ringneck....a grey one!

I would of been up a creek w/out a paddle if there would of been a Grey one too chose from LOL i had a hard enough time choosing between the lutino Pair and this pair I wanted them both but couldn't get them both - Plus I really only needed a male of either lutino or blue! But we're keeping these 2 as a pair and see how it goes, since the guy didn't even know if they ever bred- he knew nothing about these birds he owned!

found out why when i got home and looked at his website - its chickens/pigeons etc. not a single PARROT! just poultry type birds

my b/f said " i think he's a bird flipper!" which Made me more glad we chose these guys , the lady with the lutino's knew their age, and said they were proven for her and they threw all lutino babies. the only thing she did not know is how the boy got the gash in his head- she said when she got him it was there

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Well it looks like a get another IRN afterall - still no Grey though - god, Grey birds in general seem to be a problem for me to attain, LOL

How are the blue little devils settling in now? Have AC and Kaycee seen/heard them yet? I always wondered what it would be like to have many in one cage but I doubt you'll ever get to do that.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Kim, did you see the grey one who took third place in the show I was at saturday? He would have placed better had he been in the right kind of cage. He was stunning. Boy they are noisy though..lol.:lol:

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Ooooh they're pretty!!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Well it looks like a get another IRN afterall - still no Grey though - god, Grey birds in general seem to be a problem for me to attain, LOL

How are the blue little devils settling in now? Have AC and Kaycee seen/heard them yet? I always wondered what it would be like to have many in one cage but I doubt you'll ever get to do that.

they've only heard them, and If this is a taste of what I can expect when they're all in the same room GOD HELP ME ! I thought the 4 Quakers were bad!!!!

A.C. used to be my Quiet as a church mouse little girl, who played all day long, and only Squawked if she got spooked, or Kaycee tried to nip her through the cage!

Well Wyatt an Josie are to put it nicely - FREAKS - they freak out over every little thing - I do not think they had much human interaction even if it was just to see a human! - any one walks in the room Even making a noise before hand - they can actually see you coming before you get to the door because of where their cage is placed and They freak out - flying around, squawking loudly , it's a chore just to feed, water and clean their cage w/out neither of them hurting their self!

well now this causes A.C. To Squawk loudly many times a day! and even with the Air purifiers on, the fan on, and me being down the hall in different room but still close enough to hear it all - My head hurts all day long!

Kaycee on the other hand well he's Kaycee he doesn't seem to give a care in the world he goes on about his day like its any other day lol

I do hope when They're out of quarantine and in the birds room it doesn't make the loud squawking worse I'd really hate for them to do the same things Duke & Duchess does , when ever any one walks in the bird room or into view in the hall way outside the birds room - They give the Quaker alarm Scream at the top of their longs and don't stop until about 5 mins after the people are out of their sight :rolleyes::eek: I don't think my head could handle that with 4 Quakers and 4 Ringnecks ALL DOING IT ! LOL
but I'm also hoping once they're in there they won't freak out so much! because they're gonna hurt their self if they don't stop!

Just makes me feel so bad for them, Kaycee Never Freaked out like this and neither did A.C. Both were socialized - A.C. better than Kaycee though but Even being in a new home they did not freak out like this. so I can only thing they had little to no interaction with humans. probably just fed, watered and that's it:(

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
:o: I didn't notice. You have too many for me to keep up with! Plus, I can be very unobservant sometimes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.