• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

No need for a DNA now...

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
We have had our rescue, Pepper, for 2 years and had hardly any info except to know her previous owners kept her cage next to a boa constrictor cage! We guessed she was a she but now we know for sure!
IMG_20190606_193657.jpg
Nickel for size comparison.
Btw, anyone know if this Aspen bird and small critter litter is okay? It smells strong... I just put it in ther as Im out of papers....

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Congratulations! Pepper girl!

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Ps: it is not cat litter, it is sold as bird litter and small animal litter... still taking it out right now.... Guess I'll have to use paper towels until I can find a newspaper.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Doing it right now, but can you tell me why it is not safe??? And crap, I am out of papers...
Go buy some newspapers. You’re saying it smells strong... bad for their sensitive respiratory system

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It smells strong.
That is enough for removing it. Saroj is correct about this. :)

You can use paper towels, white computer printer paper or any paper that doesn't are colored or smell.
If you don't have papers, you can use a cotton towel. It will be clean in the washing machine in 60º C.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And about the egg. Congrats! I hope it is tasty! :eat:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
and of course you know to throw out all scented products including laundry detergent perfumes candles febreeze aand non stick pans to name a few.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
And about the egg. Congrats! I hope it is tasty! :eat:
Ha, you are not right Eloy. Seeing as she dropped it right into a fresh pile of pooh, I wouldn't be eating it even if I were a ferret. LoL
But I wiped it down with wet papertowel and put it back in the cage on papertowels.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Congrats on the egg! It looks so cute!!! Lucy is sitting on 1 egg again. There was 2 but she rolled it off the side of her cage and it fell to the floor. They're definitely not fertile but I still felt bad.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
:coffeescreen: ahahah I´m rolling! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
You think I'm joking? :D
If and when my girls produce an egg I will be cooking it. That is their way of paying me back.
I'm sure that they are delicious. :eating:
I never waste healthy food. :p :D

We have been discussing this before on aa and that time I was the only one that sees them as food. So I guess it's the same thing now. :witch:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Seeing as she dropped it right into a fresh pile of pooh, I wouldn't be eating it even if I w
And do you not think that that happens to hens egg? :innocent:They just clean them.
When I buy egg from a farmer some egg still have some poop on them. All bacteria dies if you boil them. I'm not sensitive at all as you notice. :D

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
We have been discussing this before on AA and that time I was the only one that sees them as food. So I guess it's the same thing now. :witch:

Interesting.
I don´t eat eggs so I won´t try it.

I offered Aldoras last egg to my boyfriend, he didn´t want it. I boiled it and showed him, he said no.

She´s laid one this morning, so it will end up in the bin once I´ve managed to get it away from her.
It makes sense (if you eat eggs) to eat the egg.... thinking about it.. after all the healthy food we stuff into our birds, surely the egg will be higher quality than those of chickens on a large farm...

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It makes sense (if you eat eggs) to eat the egg.... thinking about it.. after all the healthy food we stuff into our birds, surely the egg will be higher quality than those of chickens on a large farm.
Yes. I can't think of a healthier egg then this. And 100% organic. Only sad they are so small.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Yes. I can't think of a healthier egg then this. And 100% organic. Only sad they are so small.
I kept pet ducks and chickens as a kid but their eggs were actually big enough to eat. Plus, Pepper has not been tested yet for infectious diseases as my dog had to have emergency surgery last fall and kicked the birds vet appt out of line. So no eggs for me. At least that's one test we do6nt have to pay for though

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Congrats on the egg! It looks so cute!!! Lucy is sitting on 1 egg again. There was 2 but she rolled it off the side of her cage and it fell to the floor. They're definitely not fertile but I still felt bad.
Lucy is gorgeous. I really wanted an ekkie but all these birds found us first and now there is no more space at the inn for another. Well, unless another is in need anyway... lol

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Lucy is gorgeous. I really wanted an ekkie but all these birds found us first and now there is no more space at the inn for another. Well, unless another is in need anyway... lol
Lucy is a very cranky gal! Lol