• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"No don't go to work mom!"

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Melon was trying very hard to keep me from going to work, while Smokey my male budgie was more "Mom, why isn't you going to work?" While Melon was throwing a fit at the bottom of her cage because she sees me grab my bag.

So I took Melon out one more time (i had her out with me the whole morning), and I told her, "Mom's gotta go work so you guys can have lots 'n lots of toys to play with, and get more good food for you and your budgie siblings along with your cat and dog sisters and brothers too. You be a good girl." and she just stared at me and quietly went back into her cage.

And watched me walk out the door from my room.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine give me that look too, and forbid if I'm a little late getting home,,,they know my schedule.

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Mine give me that look too, and forbid if I'm a little late getting home,,,they know my schedule.
Oh I know what you mean! :lol:Melon would be the first to let me know! She would give me her infamous bird stank eye, then bite my hand because she's not happy that I came home late! And sometimes if she doesn't bite to scold me, it's her taking my glasses off and throwing them!:rofl: (or pull my ear lobe)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Cute! Of course it was only the thought of new toys that made her reluctantly go back in her cage!:rofl: