• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newest Scaley Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
Just wanted to show off a new addition to Robin's Nest Reptiles, a beautiful Pinstripe male ball python. I've named him Pan.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
WOW, what a beautiful snake! Paul and I hope to one day have a snake but a smaller one than a python. we've got an aquarium that is going to be available soon (which means that we're going to have to get another pet to fill it...forget maybe selling it or something :rolleyes:) and we're doing some research on different snakes.

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
I don't even know why I looked. But did anyway, Nasty. Nothing personal, I just hate snakes with every bone in my body. :hehe:

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
WOW, what a beautiful snake! Paul and I hope to one day have a snake but a smaller one than a python. we've got an aquarium that is going to be available soon (which means that we're going to have to get another pet to fill it...forget maybe selling it or something :rolleyes:) and we're doing some research on different snakes.
An adult ball python can be kept in a 30 gallon aquarium - they are one of the smaller species of pythons! My adults are kept in 41 quart sweater tubs in a rack system.

I don't even know why I looked. But did anyway, Nasty. Nothing personal, I just hate snakes with every bone in my body. :hehe:
No problemo. I say the same thing about tarantulas that people keep as pets, but I respect their right to love and own them! :D

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
No problemo. I say the same thing about tarantulas that people keep as pets, but I respect their right to love and own them! :D
I feel like such a wuss. My daughter goes the the snakes at the pet store all the time and I just wig out. She thinks I'm funny. I however don't.

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy

I feel like such a wuss. My daughter goes the the snakes at the pet store all the time and I just wig out. She thinks I'm funny. I however don't.
I'm a co-owner and administrator on a ball python related forum. You'd be surprised how many people join the forum who were once deathly afraid of snakes and ended up buying a ball python in order get over their fear of snakes. Those people now own multiple ball pythons. They are a very gentle snake. They get their name from their defensive mechanism of balling up into a tight ball (with their head protected in the middle) rather than choosing to strike and bite.

I have a friend who was deathly afraid of spiders and got a tarantula. Now, even "I" think she's nuts, and I never open the arachnid portion of our forum! LOL

And yay for your daughter! We need more women in this hobby (I know - when she's grown up and out of the house! LOL).

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
wow he's gorgeous!

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm not a snake person either but I do enjoy looking at pictures of them. Some of them are really gorgeous like your new one love it's markings. But if I'm in a pet store and there's one moving around in it's tank you better believe I get away from it's tank quick. Makes my skin crawl. Didn't help I grew up where there were snakes "everywhere" during the summer and I'd end up screaming and running.:o: Mowing the neighbors lawn ended being too much for me after seeing at least 2 snakes each time.:scared4:

Status
Not open for further replies.