• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New ways to sprout seeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jessica
Earlier today, was just doing some cleaning and bopping around. I go into my bathroom, and notice something sticking out of the drain in the vanity sink...go to yank on it, and it is a sprouted seed :lol:. I usually dump the old water with solids in the toilet and wash the bowls out in the sink..I must have missed a few seeds, and they got stuck on the way down and sprouted, hehehe. Wish I had a picture.

I remember years ago, I kept my cockatiels out on our lanai (enclosed porch) in FL. We had grey outdoor carpeting, and I think some of the cockatiel seed had been knocked down. At that particular time the lanai had flooded a bit and we couldn't vacuum with the carpet wet. I remember getting up one morning, and I had a field of sprouts growing out of the carpet :lol:.

Oh..and one other time...one of the dogs had gotten into the seed and ate a ton of it..poop pick up a few days later, the most glorious sprouts you ever did see shooting out of the doggie nuggets :D.

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Lol, that would be the only way I could sprout...if I had a dog!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I have had this happen to me several times. They dont seem to sprout anymore as I clean the sink with bleach weekly. It is pretty funny when ya have green growing out your drain though.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:lol:Hey, I like the sprouted carpet idea - not sure if my landlord would like that though :rolleyes:

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
That's hilarious! A carpet of sprouts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.