• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New updo hairstyle... not your typically french braid :)

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Pics taken last night of Victoria with her gorgeous purple sunfire retic.... Apparently even before came to us, she had a thing for being a hair decoration!

Can't wait til she's full grown and see how Victoria manages to hold her head up with a 50 lb snake wrapped around her ponytail :)
20160706_221438.jpg 20160706_221411.jpg 20160703_190536.jpg 20160628_203959.jpg 20160628_204017.jpg
Other pics of the both the retics, one is a great two headed snake look. Just sharing some of the non feathered spoiled creatures in the home!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I did do a double take at that two headed snake ....

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I was going to comment on the 2 headed snake.

Have either of you forgot you were wearing a snake and answered the doorbell?(I was just imagining the shocked look and the scream.)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
That would be one way to get rid of unwanted visitors ... unless it turned out to be a religious person who loved snakes ...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I can't guarantee I wouldn't jump. But I don't think I would scream and I wouldn't run away. If I did scream it would be surprise not fear.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Beautiful snakes! Both retics? How old are they?

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Yes they are both retics. A purple sunfire female and platinum tiger male. The female hatched in early March and the male is a bit younger.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

Have either of you forgot you were wearing a snake and answered the doorbell?(I was just imagining the shocked look and the scream.)
My previous pest control man was afraid of snakes, I found out by not realizing he was still in my place before putting my snake back in his cage. That was when my place had an up and downstairs. I don't think I've answered the door by accident with a snake. Most of the neighbors knew of the female that let her snake roam the yard under supervision in the summer. I always made the bluejays mad that way.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Nope, never happened, but do need to keep that in mind when you see the door to door sales or such :) The retics have a nasty look to them, so easy to convince the person I can't control them and they might bite ) Tho they are really usually sweet natured.

That would be one way to get rid of unwanted visitors ... unless it turned out to be a religious person who loved snakes ...

That would be my luck... I'd carry one with me thinking I'd chase them off and they would call in the whole church to worship on my front doorstep...

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I opened this thread I said..... Oh my :jawdrop1: !

I would pee myself if you answered the door like that :lol:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

Nope, never happened, but do need to keep that in mind when you see the door to door sales or such :) The retics have a nasty look to them, so easy to convince the person I can't control them and they might bite ) Tho they are really usually sweet natured.

That would be my luck... I'd carry one with me thinking I'd chase them off and they would call in the whole church to worship on my front doorstep...
Nasty look? Never :roflmao:

But in all honesty, I don't see the mean faces in boids: I do prefer Burmese, Spotted, or Blood pythons. Probably bad memories with a sick adult retic to contribute to that, poor thing. I met a nice African Rock python before, so that was a relief when having to deal with it.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Nasty look? Never :roflmao:

But in all honesty, I don't see the mean faces in boids: I do prefer Burmese, Spotted, or Blood pythons. Probably bad memories with a sick adult retic to contribute to that, poor thing. I met a nice African Rock python before, so that was a relief when having to deal with it.

Retics have that evil eye thing :) But its part of the look we love!! Never knew there was such a thing as a nice rock, definitely not on our list!