• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New San Diego Zoo Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeme3

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
Spent the day at the Zoo again. Got some great photos of the baby panda, and my new favorite critter- the red panda! Red pandas are actually more like racoons, but they are from the same part of China as the giant panda, and eat bamboo.

First the baby panda, and mom.
DSC_7629.jpg DSC_7659.jpg DSC_7676.jpg DSC_7690.jpg DSC_7699.jpg DSC_7721.jpg

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
And here's the red panda. So stinkin' cute! Like some sort of Pokemon creature come to life.

DSC_7807.jpg DSC_7810.jpg DSC_7819.jpg DSC_7831.jpg DSC_7832.jpg DSC_7837.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Such beautiful animals! I love the pandas and the red panda!

Matt

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
I love these pictures.:heart:
The San Diego Zoo has a hummingbird aviary. Not many zoos have them. Have you been there?
I would love to see some pictures of the hummingbirds.:dancing:

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Wow... honestly, for the longest time I've been wanting to visit San Diego just for the sole purpose of seeing the zoo!!

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
Thanks everyone!

Yes, the hummingbird aviary is wonderful. Not many people know where to find it. It's being sort of refurbished right now, so there aren't actually any hummingbirds there, but when they are back in there I'll see about getting some photos.

Anna, if you come to San Diego, let me know! I actually work at the Zoo, I'm a bus driver/tour guide. I'll get you on my bus!

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
You take amazing photographs, Julie; very clear close-ups, and I love your new Avatar; I just noticed it now :D

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
Yes, the hummingbird aviary is wonderful. Not many people know where to find it. It's being sort of refurbished right now, so there aren't actually any hummingbirds there, but when they are back in there I'll see about getting some photos.

Anna, if you come to San Diego, let me know! I actually work at the Zoo, I'm a bus driver/tour guide. I'll get you on my bus!
Wow, I am glad I did not go to San Diego for a visit. I would have been disappointed that there are no hummingbirds there right now. Looking forward to pictures in the future..:dance4:

Sigrid

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Thanks everyone!

Wow, that's awesome!!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Simply amazing photos of a place I must visit someday.

Last edited:

Emery

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kate
I'm a little late in saying this, but amazing pictures! I love the tiger!

PortaPerch

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Graybeard
Nice pix, Julie, thanks. The zoo thinks it's wonderful, too. We were there in Feb, and admission was $44, each. We hadn't been there in several years, and that was real sticker shock. Wifey doesn't have more than a couple hours stamina, making it doubly expensive. There were a lot of unkempt or abandoned bird cages just off the bus road, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.