• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New rescue mama

Thesmallestegg

Moving in
Real Name
Sof
Hello friends!
I'm Sof and I'm a new rescue mama. I have recently acquired a peach fronted conure and what looks like a gold capped conure. Other than that, I own chickens, ducks, and two dwarf goats. I also have a dog.

I'm here because I need all the advice I can absolutely get when it comes to socializing them. They're super skittish, the Male is an aggressive biter and the female is just plain scared. I hope I can be a good hope for them and learn as much as I can to help.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Welcome Aboard! I'm so glad you're here! Share some pics of all your babies. We'd love to see them!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
So glad they have you now!!! Congratulations and you made the right choice in joining this forum. There are so many wonderful and knowledgeable folks here who truly care for our feathered companions. Being birds, these two are going to need a lot of time to get used to their new surroundings (sights and noises, especially). I'm sure many others will chime in, but there are some toxic foods you should never offer a bird (here's a cute little sign, if I may say so myself, lol, I've made with those) and never use any Teflon pans anywhere near them or if you have central air. Let us know if you have any specific questions and welcome aboard!!

download.png

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Thesmallestegg

Moving in
Real Name
Sof
So glad they have you now!!! Congratulations and you made the right choice in joining this forum. There are so many wonderful and knowledgeable folks here who truly care for our feathered companions. Being birds, these two are going to need a lot of time to get used to their new surroundings (sights and noises, especially). I'm sure many others will chime in, but there are some toxic foods you should never offer a bird (here's a cute little sign, if I may say so myself, lol, I've made with those) and never use any Teflon pans anywhere near them or if you have central air. Let us know if you have any specific questions and welcome aboard!!

View attachment 304444
Thank you so much! I'm gonna have to make them a little sign of my own just like that!

Also thank you for the advice about the teflon and central air. I thought that If I cooked all the way from the opposite side of the home, it would be okay, but I do have central air and now, I guess I need to get rid of all of it.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the forum Sof :fairy2:

Your rabbits are adorable!!! I want to hug them all :grouphug2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
They just look soooooo soft! Thanks for sharing, they are so cute :fairy2:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Welcome to the site! All your pets are adorable! How long ago did you get your birds? They are probably still settling in and getting used to things. It would help to spend time talking to them or just sitting doing something else nearby to get them used to you. And be ready for a slow process, it takes time for birds to learn to trust people.

On another note--BUNNIES! :heart: They're so cute! And 15, wow! What's that like, it sounds nuts?? I'm planning on getting a bunny or two at the most at some point in the next few years. One thing I'm not sure of is if I should get one or two--I've found conflicting opinions on whether they are happy solo. Do you have an opinion on this?

Thesmallestegg

Moving in
Real Name
Sof
Welcome to the site! All your pets are adorable! How long ago did you get your birds? They are probably still settling in and getting used to things. It would help to spend time talking to them or just sitting doing something else nearby to get them used to you. And be ready for a slow process, it takes time for birds to learn to trust people.

On another note--BUNNIES! :heart: They're so cute! And 15, wow! What's that like, it sounds nuts?? I'm planning on getting a bunny or two at the most at some point in the next few years. One thing I'm not sure of is if I should get one or two--I've found conflicting opinions on whether they are happy solo. Do you have an opinion on this?
Hello! Technically I dont even own them yet. I am buying a home and they keep pushing back our date. We were supposed to have moved to the new place on the tenth. But now it's the 31st. So the old owner still has them at the moment. I ask in advance so I can be ready and knowledgable when they come home.

And 15 is fun. At that point it doesnt get any harder with numbers. They're young but they'll get sexed and the males will be sold ( that's how we ended up with 15 lol) and well keep whatevers left of them. They live in a barn so they hang out during the dayx and huddle together at night. If your gonna have your baby inside with you, just one will be fine honestly. Since ours dont live in the home, they do well in large numbers, but they're much harder to socialize to people.