• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Playstand for the Child

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I took a large dead branch off my grandmother's lilac bush (which has never been treated with chemicals) for a play tree for Kamara. Atm it's secured to her cage with plastic zip ties but I want to put it on a base of some sort so it can be moved around the room. Any ideas on what would work for it?

IMG_2368.JPG
I made sure it was really stable when tieing it up because I don't want it crashing down. She has a smaller branch in her cage atm for chewing on and she likes it but I'm gonna take it out to encourage her to play with her new branch

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Maybe you can screw it down somehow to a sheet of wood maybe? That way you can just set the cage of top of it and transport it too!
Just an idea..

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
Maybe you can screw it down somehow to a sheet of wood maybe? That way you can just set the cage of top of it and transport it too!
Just an idea..
What kind of sheet of wood would be good for that? Like plywood? I know absolutely nothing about wood unfortunately lol!

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
I'm honesty not sure either..
I think that would work, but you should wait for more ideas, I'm not sure my idea is full-proof...;)

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I'd imagine it would have to be something with some weight to it now that I think of it. Considering the shape of the branch and all

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
I use plywood for a base, if you have no way to cut it, they will cut it to the size you ask for, or they sell smaller sheets that would work as well.
It really doesnt have to have much weight to it if you get the base wide enough.
The last stand I built I put wheels on it as well. I think the base was 2' X 4' and was 1/2" plywood.
I personally like the way you zipped it to the cage. You could always trim the ends off the ties and as long as Kamara left the ties alone you have a good functional tree for her to play on.