• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Perches for Ekkies

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I need to replace Lucy and Sergei's perches. Recommendations? I want to purchase ready made wood perches that are large enough so their toes are comfy and not cramped up. Skinny perches just don't work for these fids!

Last edited:

Aggie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I like natural tree branches that we dry and cut to size. Easy to clean and each branch isn't the one thickness so extra good for feet. The outer bark is good for stripping so keeps their beaks in top shape.

But I also like the cactus ones. The holes make good hiding holes for treats plus the birds love explore the cavities. They also arent uniform so more therapeutic for feat. You can get from good bird stores or online/Ebay

images (6).jpeg

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thanks! Looked at Pet smart today but the selection was extremely limited. Nothing much at all for larger fids.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks! Looked at Pet smart today but the selection was extremely limited. Nothing much at all for larger fids.

I don't think there is much selection for anything beyond a budgie, and even that is lacking!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I like natural tree branches that we dry and cut to size. Easy to clean and each branch isn't the one thickness so extra good for feet. The outer bark is good for stripping so keeps their beaks in top shape.

But I also like the cactus ones. The holes make good hiding holes for treats plus the birds love explore the cavities. They also arent uniform so more therapeutic for feat. You can get from good bird stores or online/Ebay

I ordered 5 new Pollys Cactus perches! From Aussieland! I'm originally from Canada! I can't wait to get them! Thanks for your help everyone!!!