• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Perch and A Cute Picture :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I like it! how'd ya fix the two together exactly? The base is a pine block w/ the two dowels, right?

I'm looking for something similar for Puffin. She's not big on stepping up yet, but flock calls constantly when we leave the room to the point she gets Buzzard hollering. :confused: Can't tell if he's joining in or he can't stand it either! :hehepink:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Great job on the perch! She seems to be loving it! :)

Do you usually let your bird and cat out together? Cats have a bacteria that is deadly to birds. A scratch or bite can be horrible for your bird. People here on AA have lost birds because they were attacked by the pet cats. I would just absolutely hate to see something bad happen, because I know you love all of your animals very much. :hug8:

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer

Do you usually let your bird and cat out together? Cats have a bacteria that is deadly to birds. A scratch or bite can be horrible for your bird. People here on AA have lost birds because they were attacked by the pet cats. I would just absolutely hate to see something bad happen, because I know you love all of your animals very much. :hug8:
Yes that's what I was thinking. I really don't know why I didn't mention it.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
I like it! how'd ya fix the two together exactly? The base is a pine block w/ the two dowels, right?

I'm looking for something similar for Puffin. She's not big on stepping up yet, but flock calls constantly when we leave the room to the point she gets Buzzard hollering. :confused: Can't tell if he's joining in or he can't stand it either! :hehepink:
Umm my husband made it. Lol Its the two dowels and a pine block on bottom. It works great. Sometimes u gotta scrub it tho bc they will poo on it. LOL

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn

Nooo lol. That was a one time thing. It was right after she got home like the first couple days. My cat was trying to get to me, where I was sitting in the chair next to the table the perch was on and I snapped a photo. They really dont care about one another that much. ALWAYS supervised. Thank you for your concern :)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
You could sell those! Good job!!!

Kodigirl210

Haha. My little, bitty 8" Ruppell's parrot used to chase my cats around. They have been indoor cats all of their lives and are deathly afraid of birds or dogs or cats....:loltears:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Haha. My little, bitty 8" Ruppell's parrot used to chase my cats around. They have been indoor cats all of their lives and are deathly afraid of birds or dogs or cats....:loltears:
Same. My big black cat is so dumb and lazy hes scared of everything. We love him to pieces but he is definitely a "scaredy cat" lol.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They have been indoor cats all of their lives and are deathly afraid of birds or dogs or cats....:loltears:
But their saliva is still deadly to a parrot.
Cat and parrot together = NO!
My big black cat is so dumb and lazy hes scared of everything.
And one day, when instinct kick in, he will kill your parrot. not because he is evil, because it is natural for him.
All those who lost their birds to a cat said the same thing, and none did realize that
they owned a predator. (no not my cat, he is so lazy, he don't even look at my parrot, e.t.c)
My big black cat is so dumb
Do you know how smart a hunting cat is? They can pretend not wanting something, and they have a lot of patient.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
But their saliva is still deadly to a parrot.
Cat and parrot together = NO!

And one day, when instinct kick in, he will kill your parrot. not because he is evil, because it is natural for him.
All those who lost their birds to a cat said the same thing, and none did realize that
they owned a predator. (no not my cat, he is so lazy, he don't even look at my parrot, e.t.c)

Do you know how smart a hunting cat is? They can pretend not wanting something, and they have a lot of patient.
k

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Let me just say something guys... I posted this photo because it was cute. I think we all know I am not dumb enough to let my cat and bird play together... I am by this birds side all day long and if I am not , shes in a cage in a different room where the cats cant go... So PLEASE keep your comments to yourself about how my cats are going to kill my bird. Not only do I know its POSSIBLE, I am not dumb.. I do however thank those of you who are friendly about it. But to come out and say "one day your cat will kill your bird" that however I find rude... So please , dont bother being rude on here. I know the facts. I am not trying to get in trouble on here , I am trying to prevent it.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was not rude, and I will not feel bad for saying this over and over again if that can save a parrots life.
If you not have posted what you did, I wouldn't replied at all. But you did post this first.
When you don't see how dangerous this can be and just laugh about it, you left me with no option. And I did it for your parrot, not for you.
My biggest concern will always be for the animals as first option. And I don't care if you like me or not..
Same. My big black cat is so dumb and lazy hes scared of everything. We love him to pieces but he is definitely a "scaredy cat" lol.

Kodigirl210

Wow chill! Intolerance is not a good look on anyone. We know how to take care of our fids & fur babies.

If you don’t like the convo then please feel free to start another thread.

However, stop being unkind

Show a little Love or find the door :grouphug3:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Wow chill! Intolerance is not a good look on anyone. We know how to take care of our fids & fur babies.

If you don’t like the convo then please feel free to start another thread.

However, stop being unkind

Show a little Love or find the door :grouphug3:
Thank You. :)

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
We know how to take care of our fids & fur babies.
No you don't! When you let a small Poi chase cats around and think it is funny, you have a lot to learn.