• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Peach Front Conure Advice

Ebony Horton

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ebony
I brought my Peachfront Conure home on Sunday. She was purchased from a local bird store in my area. I feed her daily and talk to her. She bites my hand if I try and pet her, but comes up to the front of the cage when I sit and talk to her. Should I just leave her alone to keep from getting bit I want her to trust me.

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
The cage is her safe zone right now, keep your hands out. Try bringing her out on a stick to a place away from the cage and see if he will sit on your lap. She is going through a lot right now.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Yes, for sure only put your hands in the cage to do food and water for now. Sit near the cage and read to her or play videos. While you’re sitting there, leave her door open so she can come out on her own. Work on learning what her favorite treats are. I gave Pavi a platform perch just inside his door and once I learned his favorite things, I would put one on the platform and make sure he saw me do it and immediately remove my hand and step back. All I have to do now is hold up a blueberry and he comes running for it.

Time and patience are your best friends right now.