• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Firstly, what brought me to this site, is my Indian Ringneck. He (or she) turned 1 year old in August this year, and went through his first molt. But the feathers don't seem to want to grow back, and I'm getting really worried. I will take him to an avian vet as soon as possible, to have him checked out. Meet Bubblegum: (Not clear in the pic, but he's a very pale blue with bits of white, not sure what it's called)

View attachment 163170

And our African Grey, Coda:

View attachment 163171

Welcome to AA :hug8: Beautiful babies, both of them.
I would suggest having him/her checked for PBFD you can read about it here Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease (PBFD)
Also it looks like his cage might have been spray painted/painted, the paint used might have something to do with it, if he's chewed any of it off.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Hi and welcome to the Avenue!

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Welcome! I don't know anything about Ringnecks, but I think it's a good idea to get Bubblegum to a vet.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:hello: and :welave: Cute fids. I would have your baby checked out. It doesn't look like a "normal" molt.

Raven Skies

Meeting neighbors
A quick update: I took Bubblegum to an avian vet, and she took a blood sample for testing for beak-and-feather disease. I'll know by Thursday or Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back negative. If it does come back negative, she'll run further tests to see what's wrong with Bubblegum. Will let you know what the results are :)

Raven Skies

Meeting neighbors
Today is D-day. I'll get the results today (or by latest, tomorrow). I have mixed feelings about it. Tearing up as I'm typing this. I'm stilll keeping my fingers crossed that the results will be positively negative...

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hello1: