• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New kid on the block

Blueszz

Meeting neighbors
Hi Everyone,

I'm reading this forum for several weeks now and never responded to any of your questions. I thought it's not appropriate to do so without introducing myself and the canary's.

I have two canaries, they live in a Montana Paradiso 90.

They are bred for their color. The male is black-white and the female yellow-white, also known as green.
I assume you like pictures so here they are:

The female
A8764292-5FA6-44EF-989E-47DAFFD635E3.jpeg

Both, the female in the front:
82DB46D9-A7D7-455B-AC26-464C1086BE4B.jpeg

Both just after taking a bath
946139BC-F7DA-40A5-9ABA-3D51B4E0BB26.jpeg

Both
75BDF323-4F9B-43CC-9A9C-FA99AAAA4C73.jpeg

And in their old cage, still skittish
The female
F632887C-FADD-4D23-A89F-E09017A26FA2.jpeg

The male in the front
25DA3CDF-7749-47BC-90FD-A559CA2EE0AC.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
:welcometrain:

A.K

Sprinting down the street
:welcomegroup:

Just a question, do you have toys for your birds? I didn’t see any inside their cage.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They are adorable!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Welcome .. what beauties :D

Blueszz

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for your kind words.

:welcomegroup:

Just a question, do you have toys for your birds? I didn’t see any inside their cage.
Yes, they have, the pictures were made when I just setup the cage plus only a small part of the cage is visible in these pictures. The visible part maybe is 1 x 0.5 ft.

I'm still trying to find out what the toys are they like most. That seems to be natural things but with various structures, like these. And of course a swing and a sisal rope that they use as swing.
back-zoo-nature-discovery-set-20-l.jpg

I try to keep them from breeding as long as possible this year but the items above can be used as nesting material, so I'm a bit weary about this as toy. I'm still looking for alternatives.
Any suggestions?

A.K

Sprinting down the street
Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, they have, the pictures were made when I just setup the cage plus only a small part of the cage is visible in these pictures. The visible part maybe is 1 x 0.5 ft.

I'm still trying to find out what the toys are they like most. That seems to be natural things but with various structures, like these. And of course a swing and a sisal rope that they use as swing.
View attachment 403183

I try to keep them from breeding as long as possible this year but the items above can be used as nesting material, so I'm a bit weary about this as toy. I'm still looking for alternatives.
Any suggestions?
Unfortunately I don’t own canaries, nor do I have any experience with them and their toys. There are several other members that can inform you better when it comes to toys and canaries.

Blueszz

Meeting neighbors
There are several other members that can inform you better when it comes to toys and canaries.
I would love to hear what others offer as a toys. They are very curious. As soon as something changes in or near the cage, they come to investigate.