• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video New intermittent clicking noise?

Lauraware4

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! Our Amazon parrot has started making an intermittent clicking sound. Video link is below. We took her to an avian vet a couple weeks again when this started and the vet didn’t see any concerns at all. It’s only a couple times a day for like 1-30 minutes. Seems to be mostly when she’s getting sleepy but not always. We’ve had her for many years, and this is new. No other changes in behavior, eating, etc. No labored breathing or tail bobbing. Any thoughts?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Bump

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Hmm.. I wonder what this is? I'd be concerned too, but you never know. I'm sure someone here can weigh in.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Does the clicking happen at the same time as breathing in or out - which might suggest a respiratory problem? However, when she does it, I see the area under her beak moving which makes me think it's a purposeful "vocalization". At least your avian vet isn't concerned. Is there anything that clicks like that in your household that she might have decided to copy?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:welcomegroup:
Sorry you found us because of a concern..

Her pupil looks such an odd shape , has it always looked like this? Or this a trick or color circling it in an un-uniform way?

I think I hear a slight whistle when she breathes in.

Amazon, like many parrots can be prone to low vitamin A and low A can lead to rhinolyths and other respiratory issues..

How is her diet?

Great job getting a vet checkup!

I'm finally suffering low humidity here in Florida, having to run my heat all the time which is rare here. Increasing your humidity might help, just as a general non specific thing. Or even spending time in a steamy bathroom. When I had diagnosed respiratory issues in mine besides the antibiotics, it was recommended for me to take them into bathroom and get it all steamy.