• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New here...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

JennyM.

Meeting neighbors
A little Bella update: She is only taking about 10ml of formula a couple times a day now. She get's offered a ton of food, but doesn't want the pellets. She is not really gaining much weight though. She will eat the AviCakes even though I think the remains in the bowl is crushed pellets, she will eat broccoli by itself and the seeds from a pepper. She stays between 258-262 grams and the lady at a local avian bird store tells me she is underweight and should weigh 280? Is this right? Is she really that underweight and if so how do I bring her weight up? BTW she does not fly, her wings are clipped (not my doing)

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
You or an avian vet will be able to tell if she is underweight by feeling her keel bone. Did you take her to the vet? Did they say she was underweight? If she cannot fly she will be more prone to putting on weight. That is so good she will eat broccoli... full of wonderful nutrients including the all important beta-carotene. Maybe she would like some mashed sweet potato? Does she eat any nuts? Walnuts are a good source of Omega 3 oils.