• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new handmade play stand

ILoveBirds77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
wow that's awesome! wish i could do something like that, but i probably don't have the resources. and its probably cheaper to buy one online.. possibly.

ILoveBirds77

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hope
oh ok... I saw online though, that you use 1/2 inch pvc pipe, and my birdy prefers smaller sized perches, I have a cockatiel and 2 parakeets. I don't know, maybe it would work, I would ike to have a little something for them to climb up on for fun. I was thinking I could put it on top of his cage. maybe you could help me design it :) :bounce4:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Wow! What a great job! I'm so impressed. I wish I had a fraction of your 'do it yourselfism'.

Verivus

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Chrissy
This is an honest question: How do you keep the vet wrap clean/how often do you replace it? I made a PVC playstand for my GCC, and the vet wrap got so dirty so very fast. It doesn't help that my backyard is a dust storm and there's dust everywhere all the time and getting all over the vet wrap. Also, the vet wrap pulled away from the ends very quickly. Do you use glue on the ends to help it stay in place? I felt like it was a waste of my time to build it because it got dirty and the vet wrap started coming off so quickly, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
It is inside my house and doesn't get too dirty. If they soil it you can wash it off or replace the vet wrap .

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Wow very nice and you have a blue and gold, such a beauty. Mine just turned 6.

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
Mine will be four in april....he can be a stinker at times lol

Cahtie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Misty
This is...incredibly amazing! I'm so jealous! I do wonder though, where you bought the materials? I'm afraid of getting stuff from a hardware store due to the crap they put on and in stuff. Where did you get the pvc/etc? I'm assuming not all pvc is birdsafe, or is it?

I would love to do something like this on a smaller scale for my conures.

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
Pvc is plastic based and this is too thick and hard for them to chew through so I am sure it is safe. They have enough toys to keep them busy. ;)

Doris M

Sprinting down the street
I like your play gym. What experiences do you have with using vet wrap? I thought about it but was worried about it sticking on the beaks. I assume it's much easier to apply than jute rope. Do the parrots peel it off?