• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Fid/Foster

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritsinct

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cathy
I hate reading stories like your co-worker - it makes me want to obsess on all the animals being mistreated... but I know that solves nothing and I can't go there. I have to do what I can to help any animal I can and focus on the positive like you and all the other people that help! Thank you SO MUCH for getting him out of that situation!! Tiels are great birds so if you decide to keep him I think you will be very happy with the decision. But whether you keep him or find him a great new home, that fact that you took him out of that situation and took him to the vet is just fabulous! :hug8:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Yeah. :( I think about the ones that don't make it either. I really wasn't planning on another bird, we're just starting out, but there was no way I'd let him stay where he was. I think he will end up with us, my girlfriend is already getting attached to him and I think I'd be too worried he'd end up in another bad home. The worst part is I get to see his former owner at work sometimes and fight the urge to throttle her for treating him this way. Now to go make sure Piper knows she's still my girl before she ends up deciding to remind me by flinging her pellets out of the cage in a tantrum. XD

Annnd apparently his name wasn't 'dignified' enough. To make it extra fancy he's Admiral Sigmund Fluffington III. His name shall make all others quake in fear!

Last edited:

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
haha cute name!

I hate the fact that animals all over the world suffer from neglect and abuse, and I take my (pretend) hat off to you.

He's very beautiful

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Well now I know why he was considered 'loud'. Apparently when no ones in the room he starts to imitate a smoke alarm. He starts soft and then it reaches the screeching stage. I think my girlfriend is won over, she's sleeping in the room with him tonight to 'make his night easier' since I told her I didn't want him in the bedroom due to the dander. I have mild allergies, not bad mind you, but not good enough I can deal with a 'tiel in the bedroom without an air purifier. That'll be next on the list of things to pick up since after this morning i got a touch sniffly.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
thank you so much for taking him in! :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is very cute and lucky to have a new good home!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.