• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage suggestions

ThatsFowlPlay

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jasmine

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
The first cage is the same size as the one you have.

Second cage is much bigger so I suggest it :)

ThatsFowlPlay

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jasmine
The first cage is the same size as the one you have.

Second cage is much bigger so I suggest it :)
May I correct you, the first cage I linked is 31-4/5"W x 22-4/5"D x 47-1/5"H while my current cage is 24x22x34. But thank you for your suggestion!! :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
The 2nd cage is bigger 30×30 versus 31x22. The 2nd one also has the door within a door landing platform. The 1st one has an awesome playtop if your caique likes ladders or likes to play on top of the cage. One thing to consider is the width of the doors in your house. Unless you have wide doorways the 2nd cage may not fit through them if you have to move the cage. Particularly in older homes doorways may not be wide enough.

I think either cage would be a good choice and give your caique a lot of room.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
May I correct you, the first cage I linked is 31-4/5"W x 22-4/5"D x 47-1/5"H while my current cage is 24x22x34. But thank you for your suggestion!! :D
I think the bar spacing is too wide on the ebay cage. I have been told that 3/4" is the max spacing and that their have been caiques who have gotten their heads stuck in 1" spacing cages. I don't see how that could happen and I haven't been able to verify it but there are options with smaller spacing so I would choose one of those. Also some cages have areas with wider spaces than the bar spacing so it is always better to get the smaller spacing if you have a choice.

Also, if you can not inspect the cage in person, it is safer to go with a brand that people know and trust. Kings cage, HQ, A&E and Centurion all come to mind.

Here is one that works as well. I personally like to go with some with a thicker bar than this but I currently have the double version of this cage and it has survived pairs of caiques for nearly four years with minimal wear.
Amazon.com : HQ Flight Cage, Multi Purpose Aviary with Cart Stand, Black, 1 Per Box : Parrot Cage : Pet Supplies