• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage for Edgar. Advice please

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@Imogena - yes they are very clever. He could if inspired leverage himself to move the top tray. The bars are good then. And if you are satisfied with the cups then all is well. If you add an extra cup and are worried about dumping - just make sure to put stuff you really don’t care if it’s wasted more than normal or put something he really likes so won’t be tempted to upended all the time. It seems like a fairly good cage and I would have no concerns putting Sif in it :D

If you could return the bowl that would be primo. You have the 2-extra up top!

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
If you add an extra cup and are worried about dumping - just make sure to put stuff you really don’t care if it’s wasted more than normal or put something he really likes so won’t be tempted to upended all the time.
I don't mind him wasting food. He quickly tought me that worying about it gives me nothing because Edgar is not going to change :). Wasting food is in his job description:). I was concerned that he will somehow put himself in this metal ring after he removes the bowl. But putting something he really likes is a good idea. I'm planning to use this bowl on Edgar's stand or climbing wall.
It seems like a fairly good cage and I would have no concerns putting Sif in it
Oooo, this is very informative for me. Sif is bigger, I presume, than Edgar, her being a CAG, right?
Thank you very much for answers.:heart:

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Yes. Sif is substantially larger. She is currently 400-410g. She’s lost some weight due to her impending blindness but I’m hoping to cure that. In the end she should be around 500g. She is a little shorter than the average cag as well. Probably closer to 12” vs 14-16”
:)

Arno

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arno
@Imogena ive got the exact same cage for my CAG and he loves it. Mine is still too young and is still too clumsy so i split it in half for now with cardboard as i dont want him to fall from so high up.

The fact that the cups are secured and can only be removed by open the latch is a big plus point and so are those removable trays for cleaning.

View attachment 295871 One more question, sorry. What do you think about this one? Dimensions: 100x60x128 inside. Iron powder coated. Bar spacing 2 cm the vertical bars (two walls) and 2,6 horizontal bars (two walls). It is very similar to what I have now (the same producer), but my cage is smaller. The cage is good quality, my concern is: the widenes is not that big (60 cm versus 77 cm in Montana cage), horizontal bar spacing (if they keep measurements is ok, if they don't some of the spaces could be too big). If I would buy this one, I will check the spacing and in case something is wrong, I will return the cage.
As for the prize, it is more than half cheaper than Montana cage and I could have it in a week time instead of three months.
Sorry for bothering you so much but it is really very important to me.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
@Arno you mean Cezar cage? And what about horizontal bar spacing? Are those 2,6 cm or bigger in your cage? How old is your CAG? My Edgar weights 310 grams. Is your CAG bigger?

Arno

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arno
@Imogena yes its exactly like the Cezar but here it was called a different name mine was called the CC017. I havent measured the bar spacings yet but it looks exactly like yours. It's Night time now and he is sleeping so will check tomorrow. My CAG will be 3 months 21 Feb and weighs 517grams at the moment so for him the bar spacing is not a problem. See now you got the TAG so probably got a smaller head than the CAG.

@Arno you mean Cezar cage? And what about horizontal bar spacing? Are those 2,6 cm or bigger in your cage? How old is your CAG? My Edgar weights 310 grams. Is your CAG bigger?

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Yes, this is the same cage.
Yes, I have a TAG, so I'm very concerned about his head and the bar spacing. I like this cage. It is good quality and reasonable price. Right now I have Noble cage which is the same producer and I consider it a good cage but too small.
I would greatly appreciate the information about bar spacing tommorow. Thank you very very much.

Arno

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arno
Yes, this is the same cage.
Yes, I have a TAG, so I'm very concerned about his head and the bar spacing. I like this cage. It is good quality and reasonable price. Right now I have Noble cage which is the same producer and I consider it a good cage but too small.
I would greatly appreciate the information about bar spacing tommorow. Thank you very very much.
Hi @Imogena

Both the horizontal and vertical bars is 2.4cm between the bars.

Here is a pic of mine

Attachments

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
@Arno now you surprised me. 2,4 cm? On the shop's webside was: horizontal 2 cm, vertical 2,6. Anyway, 2,4 cm is perfectly ok for me. Thank you very much. It is a big help for me. From your picture I can see that your CAG has plenty of space. Considering your bird is bigger then mine, I think Edgar will be happy with his cage. To be on the safe side, I will measure the bar space when the cage arrives. I can always return it.
Thanks once again.:)