• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new CAG friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zirzun

Moving in
Real Name
Nehir
Hello,
I cant decide so I need your advice. I have a 3 years old DNA sexed female TAG. She loves me so much, so do I. :heart: She comes with me when I go to work etc. We have no problem at all. Maybe just one; she is very cold towards other people, thats all.

Anyway, one of my friends told me, he rescued a CAG. This pitiful child had a very bad home; very small dirty cage, no toys, no care, just sun flower seeds as food. :( So s-he plucked all his-her feathers. But his-her health is good. And when my friend give him-her some freedom and care, s-he stopped pluck feathers. And it seems s-he get along with other birds as well. But my friend says he cant take care of him-her forever because he already have birds. So he is looking for a new and good home for this child. And he asked me, if I can take this CAG to my home.

I could gladly take it my home but here is my problem; my TAG Rika, bond with me so I afraid she would jealous of me if a new parrot come home. I dont want to see her unhappy. Actually she get along with my friends cats and some birds. And she really enjoy watching and calling pigeons at street. What would you advice, must I take this CAG my home? Of course separate cages. (in fact Rika, my TAG doesnt use her cage all day. she is free at home, hanging around at her playing area all day, she goes to her cage only to sleep :D) Are there anyone in this forum, with CAG and TAG together at home? Do you have any problems, difficulties? What would you advice??:confused:

thanx

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do not know but with any two birds they may or may not get along if you have enough time and money for addition realizing that they may need to be out at different times go for it :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that is the t hing, they could get along or not, just as in humans....take the poor bird in only if you can afford to have them separate out times etc..or supervised..you definitely have to quarantine first no matter what.....

zirzun

Moving in
Real Name
Nehir
Thank you. I decided to take it in. I have space, an empty cage, and time I guess. I will bring it home this weekend.. I really hope two of them get along in future :angel1:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
that is the t hing, they could get along or not, just as in humans....take the poor bird in only if you can afford to have them separate out times etc..or supervised..you definitely have to quarantine first no matter what.....

I agree with Anne. I have a TAG(Mojo)and CAG(Corkey) that get along great, but it took time. The TAG also only gets along with the one CAG, and wants to beat up the other CAGs here.
Good luck:)

zirzun

Moving in
Real Name
Nehir
yep, good news. :) New CAG came home at 26 feb. He is over 5 years old. I named him Aria. (I call it, him for now. I will send his blood to DNA test later.) Really, Aria is a very pitiful child. Im happy that I took it my home. He is wild and know anything; stepping, playing with toys, healty foods, anything. He is growling with fear. But so kind. I tought him how to step my hand, and he didnt bite me even once! Still growling a little bit but it is normal. He is learning fast. And his health is good, my friend said he quarantined him for ten days.

And Rika didnt care much about him first. But time to time she goes to entrance of his room and peek a little :D But Aria, I guess, he really liked Rika. When they first saw each other, Aria bobbed and greeted her with a very friendly, soft "guuk" sound :) I didnt allow to touch or come close each other for now. But today, Rika went to his room. I was busy with somework and didnt notice (I must be careful more, I guess). After my work finished, I looked for Rika, and couldnt find her. In the end, I found her near the cage of Aria. They were both very fluffy and happly sitting and napping. :) But of course I didnt let them as they are, it is still early I think.
Anyway, I guess they will get along :)

And his photo:

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am so very very happy you took the poor little thing into your home..but dear, 10 days quarantine is not enough...you need to quarantine for at leas 30-45 days to prevent disease spread to your bird you already have I hope you are feeding them both a very nutritious diet with lots of fruits and veggies..the new one sure looks like she/he needs to put on some weight...

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
congrats hope he can get some feathers back in but other wise he is handsome :)

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
Good job, taking him in!!
I hope it all works out and they end up being friends!!

zirzun

Moving in
Real Name
Nehir
thank you :)
And about quarantine, I didnt know that must be so long. I will seperate them more carefully for one month. And you are right about that, cause today I used a bird worming medicine on Aria and He dropped tape worm! Maybe his feathers improve fast after this.
And yes, Rika eat healty foods, mostly vegetables (if they are warm) and fruits (if they are puree) and harrisons (if it is in pap form with red palm extract) She is sooo picky!
But Aria dont know healty foods yet. I try to introduce them. He give up sunflower seeds at least. His favorite is pumpkin seeds and almond now. I guess better than sun flower seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.